RIP to RIM

Old Oct 12th 2011, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP to RIM

Originally Posted by Meow
Either I've had a Matrix style implant that enables me to read Arabic all of a sudden, or the SMS I received was in English
How odd. All the texts I receive from Etisalat are in Arabic.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 6:00 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 13th 2011, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Now into the third day

And it took the idiots at Etisalat until this morning to send out a SMS of 'explanation'.
In arabic only to me
Old Oct 13th 2011, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
In arabic only to me
Glad it's not just me
Old Oct 13th 2011, 8:39 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

3 days free Blackberry service from Etisalat as compensation.

If they do bring out BBM for Android as is rumoured, there'll be nothing keeping me on RIM's hardware any more. Even as it is, I'm shifting to Whatsapp anyway.

That said, yet to see an Android phone with both a really good keyboard and a screen size that doesn't make it incompatible with lots of apps...
Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the roads have been much safer because of the disruption. Shameful.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
From the look of your avatar I'd plump for the former
Now,now! Remember!;

Too much of the truth
Is rude
And uncouth!

(I don't have an avatar, on the grounds
that an avatar of the back of a Leyland bus,
whilst truthful, isn't flattering...)
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

funny story;

I've been back in blighty last week and was catching up with a few good friends- converstaion turned to my rather retro mobile phone then onto iphones and blackberries- one of them commented that her blackberry service had been fine and she was still receiving emails. Obviously she is utterly fabulous and the people at blackberry knew how important she is and that she must have her emails when the rest of the world can wait... or perhaps it might just be that she thought the texts that she had been getting were emails and shes never actually set her blackberry up to receive emails.... she is a bit special! I miss my friends in blighty
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:17 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

UAE police claim Blackberry outage made driving safer
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/78951
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:28 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Apparently the roads have been much safer because of the disruption. Shameful.
Was at a wedding on Sunday and someone at the reception told me this - a figure of 20% less accidents and no deaths during the three days of outage.

No idea where the figures are from but it sounds feasible over here

N.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:59 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Now,now! Remember!;

Too much of the truth
Is rude
And uncouth!

(I don't have an avatar, on the grounds
that an avatar of the back of a Leyland bus,
whilst truthful, isn't flattering...)
You could use this one

RIP to RIM-bus.jpg