RIP Jimmy Saville

Old Oct 12th 2012, 9:36 pm
Banned

tartanrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: RIP Jimmy Saville

he ran had his own room at broadmoor and stoke mandeville. what i dont understand is why people who saw the abuse in front of them did not report it? Saying it was what happened then to keep silent is no excuse. channel 4 had an interesting report on their news today and on their website
Old Oct 12th 2012, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

fluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud offluffymoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kix
Funny how Tony Blackburn and Noel Edmonds are keeping quiet...
Might be because they were in the same gang.......I'm the leader, I'm the leader..........

Last edited by fluffymoo; Oct 12th 2012 at 9:56 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 9:08 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy Savile's family have had the gravestone removed along with the flowers as a mark of respect. It just leaves a small hole and no bush around it.

Just what he would have wanted.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

"Now then. Now then. Now then. Guys and gals. Welcome to Top of the Pops. Straight in at thirteen .... me!"
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

News reports have focused on three of his victims.

Sky were showing current photos and ones from the period in which they were abused. Caption read;

Now then, now then, now then
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

I see expats in the Gulf States are relatively free from political correctness.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beakersful
Relatively? Bit of an understatement...
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

and your point is????
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

And what precisely is the politically correct way to discuss the perverted conduct of a dead celebrity?
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

and so..everybody jumps on the band wagon.... suddenly they are all traumatised after 40 years...really?? I'm not condoning any of it but having known about it for years why is everybody so shocked??? Why should the BBC be sued??

'If Savile was acting as an employee or agent of the BBC or a health organisation, then that organisation with whom he had a close connection can be held vicariously liable.

Dux added that the women were not motivated by compensation. 'What motivates people is not money,' she said.' Yeah right..if not money then why didn't they come forward ages ago??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-victims.html

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Oct 13th 2012 at 3:55 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
and so..everybody jumps on the band wagon.... suddenly they are all traumatised after 40 years...really?? I'm not condoning any of it but having known about it for years why is everybody so shocked???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-victims.html
I confess I never knew - but that's because the guy never impressed me as a celebrity, and his 'details' probably passed me by......... just wasn't on my radar.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
I confess I never knew - but that's because the guy never impressed me as a celebrity, and his 'details' probably passed me by......... just wasn't on my radar.
I understand that Dean. Lots of people knew he was an abuser and a paedophile. I'm just saying that suddenly all these people are coming forward after 40 + years .. if it was so traumatic for most of them then they should have shouted out earlier!
One woman said that she has been completely traumatised because he touched her breast 40 years ago and has never been able to live a proper life...FFS get over it ..really!!! Jeez, if I was traumatised over older men touching my boobs in an inappropriate manner as a teenager when I was babysitting then I would defo end up in a looney bin!!

I am not belittling the things that he has done. There are a lot of women who were damaged by his actions..I just think that the ones who were damaged are staying away and the ones who feel that they can earn some money are shouting out
Old Oct 13th 2012, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I understand that Dean. Lots of people knew he was an abuser and a paedophile. I'm just saying that suddenly all these people are coming forward after 40 + years .. if it was so traumatic for most of them then they should have shouted out earlier!
One woman said that she has been completely traumatised because he touched her breast 40 years ago and has never been able to live a proper life...FFS get over it ..really!!! Jeez, if I was traumatised over older men touching my boobs in an inappropriate manner as a teenager when I was babysitting then I would defo end up in a looney bin!!

I am not belittling the things that he has done. There are a lot of women who were damaged by his actions..I just think that the ones who were damaged are staying away and the ones who feel that they can earn some money are shouting out
Good post.

Actually I never rated him, even at what he was supposed to be good at (i.e. as a DJ). Little understanding of the music he was playing, no insights or background, etc. That's why I preferred John Peel......... oh - hang on...... what's this? Oh no - not Dancing Jack, surely..............????

Last edited by The Dean; Oct 13th 2012 at 4:39 pm. Reason: .
Old Oct 13th 2012, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

desertfox52 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if all those folks who were praising him are doing so right now !!!!
Old Oct 14th 2012, 4:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

The only counter to the money argument is that he cannot be prosecuted criminally which would have lead to a decent pay out in compensation.

At least that's what Sky news told me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.