RIP Hitch

Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default RIP Hitch

Today we lost an intellectual giant and a voice of reason. Hitch contributed with his wit, intellect and ruthless pursuit of reason.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/th...chens-catholic
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:25 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RIP Hitch

RIP.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

A good collection of Hitch.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 7:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for beating me to it ( I was drinking in his honour and couldn't make it to the laptop - that's my humble yet hopefully fitting excuse).

The world has lost a great mind - a beautiful mind...indeed, a needed mind. If only more of us had half the mind and courage to express ourselves the way he did the world would be an infinitely more interesting place.

I never met the man yet I feel I knew him - sentimental I know. One of my influences, an abstract and thankless mentor, and unashamedly admitted idol....we will always remember you Hitch.

N.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Safari So-goody!

oh Hitchens...wrong Chris
Old Dec 17th 2011, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

A huge loss. RIP Mr. Hitchens, I hope you passed in peace.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 10:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Not one of the Mash's finest, but I think he'd have approved nonetheless:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201112164685/
Old Dec 17th 2011, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Not one of the Mash's finest, but I think he'd have approved nonetheless:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201112164685/
Well, he did comment on the irony of eosphogal cancer and comments coming in from his enemies about punishment from god and the blasphemy which he had spoke.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/fum...ow-losi,26890/
Old Dec 18th 2011, 3:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Today we lost an intellectual giant and a voice of reason. Hitch contributed with his wit, intellect and ruthless pursuit of reason.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/th...chens-catholic
Hadn't seen that meeting of minds with Richard Dawkins. Expect that would be fantastic to watch.

RIP
Old Dec 18th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
Hadn't seen that meeting of minds with Richard Dawkins. Expect that would be fantastic to watch.

RIP

Plenty of videos with them. But personally, I think I still prefer Sagan's tact though.