British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rio Ferdinand Out Of World Cup (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rio-ferdinand-out-world-cup-671093/)

The Dean Jun 4th 2010 5:30 pm

Rio Ferdinand Out Of World Cup

Ooops................. :(

SDDep Jun 4th 2010 5:32 pm

Re: Rio Ferdinand Out Of World Cup

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8611767)
Ooops................. :(

Is it true? then YES!!!!! Stevie Gerrard will take over as Captain...sweet!!! His rightful place...

The Dean Jun 4th 2010 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by SDDep (Post 8611771)
Is it true? then YES!!!!! Stevie Gerrard will take over as Captain...sweet!!! His rightful place...

Correct............ Gerrard is the captain. Michael Dawson replaces Ferdinand.

Capello now has to choose between Dawson, Ledley King and Matthew Upson alongside Terry - that should put the fear of God into Lionel Messi........... :sneaky:

The Dean Jun 4th 2010 5:36 pm

......... and Didier Drogba is reported to have broken his arm............

Ronnie Biggs Jun 4th 2010 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8611777)
Correct............ Gerrard is the captain. Michael Dawson replaces Ferdinand.

Capello now has to choose between Dawson, Ledley King and Matthew Upson alongside Terry - that should put the fear of God into Lionel Messi........... :sneaky:

A King - Terry partnership would be good, possibly better than a half-crocked Ferdinand who has spent most of this season injured. One small issue could be the "alleged" racial abuse Terry dished out to King a few years back though.....

SDDep Jun 4th 2010 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8611779)
......... and Didier Drogba is reported to have broken his arm............

And in honor of Stevie G...I've even changed my avatar..:)

The Dean Jun 4th 2010 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs (Post 8611814)
A King - Terry partnership would be good, possibly better than a half-crocked Ferdinand who has spent most of this season injured. One small issue could be the "alleged" racial abuse Terry dished out to King a few years back though.....

......... but King hasn't been in particularly good form from what I've seen. Upson's more reliable but look at the hard time he got from the likes of Torres last season. Ferdinand may not be the best around but this leaves England indisputably weaker.

the_red_sheep Jun 4th 2010 7:00 pm

This is really such a shame, I am gutted. Well I say gutted, but what I really mean is pishing myself laughing, and clocking this up as 'excuse no. 1' for the impending failure.

ABE :rofl:

benzonar Jun 4th 2010 7:01 pm

Gerrard has been shite this season though. I think the time would be right to promote Rooney.

SDDep Jun 4th 2010 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8611933)
Gerrard has been shite this season though. I think the time would be right to promote Rooney.

Theres always a sneaky git Man U fan somewhere...cheeky bugger...:D

SDDep Jun 4th 2010 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx (Post 8611931)
This is really such a shame, I am gutted. Well I say gutted, but what I really mean is pishing myself laughing, and clocking this up as 'excuse no. 1' for the impending failure.

ABE :rofl:

You must be another envious Welshman, Scotsman or Irishman....how very droll...:)

Thydney Jun 4th 2010 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by SDDep (Post 8611771)

I think his rightful place in a cell at walton Jail

Bob Jun 4th 2010 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Thydney (Post 8611955)
I think his rightful place in a cell at walton Jail

speaking of jail, one of the Oxford Utd players just got a 30 month custodial sentence after killing someone in a car accident...they only just signed him up at the beginning of the year....be no one left at this rate :D

SpoogleDrummer Jun 4th 2010 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8611777)

You forgot Jamie Carragher, though he had a duff season too.

Bahtatboy Jun 5th 2010 11:49 am

Apparently all the goalies are saying that introducing a new ball for a World Cup is nonsense. Smacks to me of getting their excuses in first...