Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:45 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Just tell him out straight and don't be embarrassed or awkward with him, it's a simple request. If I was stinking up the joint unaware I would appreciate if someone let me know the problem.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

am i the only person that has no idea how stinky people don't realise they are stinky? On the odd occasion I forget to put on deodorant I am sniffing my pits all day to make sure I'm not stinking out the office....
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:08 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

OK so we have sorted out Deans department, now I have a similar issue. As Dean knows I run a professional sales team that goes out to visit very high value professional clients ( no I don't work for DeFear or Localeye or any of that lot, its B2B).

Anyways, the majority of my sales team are Muslim from various countries and its Ramadan. I have been conducting one on ones with the team members all week and ..... Well... Halitosis is far too polite a word for the gut wrenching stinks that I am literally faced with on an hourly basis.

How the hell do I deal with this? I can't exactly gift them a box of mints or high powered chewing gum at this time of year. Anyone know of something that can tidy hem up without it being offensive to their religion?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Shed- sack them all?- give them office based jobs for the month?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:17 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

As Managers or whatever you both are supervising people ?...don't you already know how to or ever been taught what to say to people to deal with these situations ?

...hmmm.... clearly not or you wouldn't be asking.....

Just curious

Just had a situation with my Housemaid......no other way to ask her not to walk around the house in her skimpy PJ's in front of my Husband and teenage son other than to tell her that PJ's of that nature are for sleeping in and that's its inappropriate to walk around like that in front of the men folk and to go and get changed or stay in her room.

I just KNOW that when me and the boys leave for the Uk next month she's going to try and bone my Husband !!!

You could apply some of that to sweaty pits and smelly breath ???
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Poshy- oo are you going to install maidcams?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:20 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

No.... I actually don't care..............
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:22 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Shed- sack them all?- give them office based jobs for the month?
Interesting idea KC, but two small flaws.

1. If I sack them all someone like Scamps firm will charge me a fortune to replace them.

2. Our customers don't walk in off the street, we have to go and see them on a regular basis as our average sales cycle can be up to 12 months.

Thanks for the ideas though
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:23 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Poshy- oo are you going to install maidcams?
Don't pay for maid cams. Leave a laptop on some where unobtrusive but capturing the action. Use www.logmein.com and record the evidence

Is there a devil smiley somewhere?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:25 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
A
I just KNOW that when me and the boys leave for the Uk next month she's going to try and bone my Husband !!!
It is usually the male who bones, the boner so to speak, she will be the recipient of said bone, the bonee.

Last edited by weasel decentral; Jul 16th 2013 at 5:31 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:26 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
It is usually the males who bones, the boner so to speak, she will be the recipient of said bone, the bonee.

You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:28 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

I'm joking, shes a cute wee thing really, it's just the Moustache
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:29 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by TheShed
OK so we have sorted out Deans department, now I have a similar issue. As Dean knows I run a professional sales team that goes out to visit very high value professional clients ( no I don't work for DeFear or Localeye or any of that lot, its B2B).

Anyways, the majority of my sales team are Muslim from various countries and its Ramadan. I have been conducting one on ones with the team members all week and ..... Well... Halitosis is far too polite a word for the gut wrenching stinks that I am literally faced with on an hourly basis.

How the hell do I deal with this? I can't exactly gift them a box of mints or high powered chewing gum at this time of year. Anyone know of something that can tidy hem up without it being offensive to their religion?
I don't think having bad breath is mandatory as a muslim, but if your sales guys are visiting other muslim operated businesses perhaps there is no problem.

You might have to just tolerate it yourself personally, or have a non fasters deal with the other businesses.
I am working with plenty of muslim guys who don't fast.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:31 pm
Knee deep and rising

Originally Posted by Poshy
You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid
No I haven't but I was just introducing the correct boning terminology.

Or do you mean she has a penis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.