Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Right you lot........ your best management skills please.......

Why don't people make their maids dress like the maids back in the old days? Black uniform with a white apron. Problem solved.

My first director in Dubai had a similar problem. His wife's solution was to buy several sets of matching single coloured cotton shirts and capri trousers and told the maid that was what she had to wear around the house.

Originally Posted by Poshy
You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:32 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

ah you knew what I meant.............
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:33 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously havn't seen my Housemaid
Years ago when my sons were about 16and 18 I think, my wife foolishly employed a slightly attractive younger Flip who would do the house work in skimpy tops and daisy duke style shorts. She did not work long for us especially after I had to go and bail her from a police station for apparently providing entertainment somewhere in Bur Dubai and with some serious favours called in, got h on a plane within 3 hours.

Mrs Shed learnt her lesson and employed some of the biggest and ugliest women I have ever seen. House was always so much cleaner after that :-S.

God I use have had too many beers as I sound like an EW veteran.

Taxi for one please?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry............ am I reading this correctly? Bad breath, BO, etc.......... these are Ramadan-related issues???

I must admit I never noticed my colleague's problem before this week, but.............. er............
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:36 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Why don't people make their maids dress like the maids back in the old days? Black uniform with a white apron. Problem solved.

My first director in Dubai had a similar problem. His wife's solution was to buy several sets of matching single coloured cotton shirts and capri trousers and told the maid that was what she had to wear around the house.
Classic maids uniform? Are you TRYING to incite trouble in the household :-).

I feel a new business venture coming on. To shops for maids clothing, one where the hubby chooses and one where the boss chooses; there will never be duplication of stock.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:38 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sorry............ am I reading this correctly? Bad breath, BO, etc.......... these are Ramadan-related issues???

I must admit I never noticed my colleague's problem before this week, but.............. er............
Bad breath, lack of food - Ramadan problem.

BO - all year round issue for some.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:38 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

It's not a problem now....dealt with...

...shes generally very smart, I did ask her if she would like a uniform, she said she preferred her own clothes........thought hmmmmm, well we'll see.....

Anyway, her clothes are very neat and tidy unlike some scruffy dirty looking buggers I have seen herding kids into School....

I bought her the little pj's today and lots of other clothes after I noticed she was sleeping in her t shirts....poor little thing....she arrived with the tiniest suitcase.......
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

...shes generally very smart, I did ask her if she would like a uniform, she said she preferred her own clothes........thought hmmmmm, well we'll see.....

Anyway, her clothes are very neat and tidy unlike some scruffy dirty looking buggers I have seen herding kids into School....

I bought her the little pj's today and lots of other clothes after I noticed she was sleeping in her t shirts....poor little thing....she arrived with the tiniest suitcase.......
And to compensate her for her poverty-stricken upbringing and lifestyle at home, you are paying her roughly....... what? Double the going rate?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:40 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

Mods, can we move this thread to EW now, I am sure that they will have lots of advice for Poshy, My money is on 20 pages within 30 hours.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:41 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

haha...sorry, I do rattle on ..............x
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:42 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

haha...sorry, I do rattle on ..............x
I dare you Poshy, post it on EW, it will brighten your day tomorrow ;-).
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just took a look at expatwoman.

Me gods. There's a thread asking whether it's acceptable to let your daughter wear shorts?!?
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:47 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nooffenseoranything.com/bodyodor.html

Use this.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:49 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

I'm always up for a dare...............

Once again, apologies for rambling...x
Old Jul 16th 2013, 5:55 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze

haha...love that !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.