British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rigby and Pellar new range (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rigby-pellar-new-range-714128/)

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 5:58 am

Rigby and Pellar new range

catching up with whats going on today so sorry for the influx of lingerie posts

Pigby and Pellar have just launched a new bra offer- with size range going up to 48N now I know you boys dont get bra sizes so to give you an idea the measurement around the fullbust at that size would be 59 inches!!!

Wowzers! Those are big baps!

Meow Apr 21st 2011 6:02 am

Re: Rigby and Pellar new range

48N!

:ohmy:

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 6:05 am

Ok I see the gutter press are already on it- looka t the comparison of the bras- eek! Personally Id be off for a reduction at that size.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...r-48N-cup.html

Meow Apr 21st 2011 6:07 am

Surely no woman can get to a N cup without being seriously overweight? :confused:

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 6:14 am

well to be a 48 underband you would be about a size 26 dress size.

However, they start the underband size at 36 which would be a dress size 14 as a guide. As a 36 underband you full bust measurement would be 47 inches.

Meow Apr 21st 2011 6:17 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9318117)
well to be a 48 underband you would be about a size 26 dress size.

However, they start the underband size at 36 which would be a dress size 14 as a guide. As a 36 underband you full bust measurement would be 47 inches.

I am also a bit rubbish as to the meaning of bra sizes :o Does this mean than a 38 would be a size 16?

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 6:25 am

Meow- basically yes, but its a guide only but its pretty acurate. So when you measure your underband measurement you add 4 so a 38 bra size would be worn by someone with a 34 inch rib cage. a 36 bra size worn by someone witha 32 inch rib cage etc.

So the grading kind of works if someone is in standard proportion, obviously you have to look at other body measurements. You also get women who are a bit larger wearing a tighter band as their rig cage has soft squishy fat around it so if they wear the size the actually measure they dont get full support.

Also most clothing is fitted on models that are b-c cups so if you are a bigger cup you may need to go up a dress size to get outerwear clothes to fit your bust. Which seeing as that the average cup size in the UK is a DD will be interesting to see if outerwear changes.

Meow Apr 21st 2011 6:28 am

I get it now, thanks. Never really paid much attention. :)

It's the reason why I don't wear dresses, unless I get them altered or made to measure. I have to buy tops up to two sizes larger than bottoms. Damned annoying.

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 6:33 am

Meow- it is still thpughtthat 80% of women in the UK wear the wrong size bra- and most wear too big an underband and too small a cup. And you should get remeasured if you lose or gain 5lbs as this will effect your bust size. Its all quite interesting really- Icould bore the tears out of most people!

Meow Apr 21st 2011 6:54 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9318146)
Meow- it is still thpughtthat 80% of women in the UK wear the wrong size bra- and most wear too big an underband and too small a cup. And you should get remeasured if you lose or gain 5lbs as this will effect your bust size. Its all quite interesting really- Icould bore the tears out of most people!

Well I think it's quite interesting :) I presume many women never get measured and hence wear the wrong size for 20 years. Explains why so many have odd-looking and unattractive bust lines. (I've just got out the tape measure and checked. 38 is right ;) )

I must talk to my friend who is the editor of a woman's magazine out here to get her to interview you.

kittycat1 Apr 21st 2011 7:16 am

The problem is alot of women have no idea how a bra is supposed to fit and just how firm the underband should be- the underband should give 80% of the support with the rest coming from the straps! Anyway, would be very happy to do an interview out here but would probably have to check it with my boss :rolleyes:

littlejimmy Apr 21st 2011 7:19 am

If anyone needs measuring, my hands are warm....and not too sweaty.

Madam Medusa Apr 21st 2011 7:24 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9318096)
catching up with whats going on today so sorry for the influx of lingerie posts

Pigby and Pellar have just launched a new bra offer- with size range going up to 48N now I know you boys dont get bra sizes so to give you an idea the measurement around the fullbust at that size would be 59 inches!!!

Wowzers! Those are big baps!

bloody hell, 48N, how can they walk around, it must knacker their backs...

MM, xx

Lorna at Vicenza Apr 21st 2011 7:33 am

Have you ever come across any Italian sized lingerie Kitty?
They have a ridiculous system that drives all the Brit women crazy out here.
You are a size 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. that means first, second, third, fourth, fifth.
Bras are especially stupid, don't fit properly and most of us buy ours when we are back in the UK.
I have a skinny frame so that would make me a size 2 but I have full breasts and they are a size 4. If I bought a size 4 bra I'd have to alter the back and move the fastenings. If I bought a 2, my boobs would fall out of the cups.
Madness.
Bikinis are sold the same way but some companies now sell seperates so you can buy a size 4 top and size 2 pants. It still means that the size 4 bikini top doesn't fit people like me unless you buy one without fixed fastenings.
I gave up looking for stuff to fit me years ago.

Meow Apr 21st 2011 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 9318215)
bloody hell, 48N, how can they walk around, it must knacker their backs...

MM, xx

On the premise they are probably hugely over weight the giant breasts probably rest on their stomachs! :lol: