British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rick Astley dead? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rick-astley-dead-617537/)

Blue Cat Jul 1st 2009 6:53 am

Re: Rick Astley dead?

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714105)
Think you are confusing fame and infamy.....

it was good while it lasted ........

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7714119)
it was good while it lasted ........

A Warhol-esque moment in the spotlight...

But the public are fickle creatures, BC.. very fickle...

Blue Cat Jul 1st 2009 7:01 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714134)
A Warhol-esque moment in the spotlight...

But the public are fickle creatures, BC.. very fickle...

mm I know :)

Kim67 Jul 1st 2009 7:45 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714017)
Give you up...

Let you down...

Run around...

Hurt you...

4 things Rick Astley won't do

Got in the car after reading this thread last night and that song was playing. The kids and I sung it at the top of our lungs. I hated Rick Astley, Mel & Kim etc in the 80's - love them now!!!!

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 7714263)
Got in the car after reading this thread last night and that song was playing. The kids and I sung it at the top of our lungs. I hated Rick Astley, Mel & Kim etc in the 80's - love them now!!!!

Have to admit, everytime The Hitman And Her headed to Flicks, in Brechin, a few of the lads and I would head down...

Not for the talentless SAW acts, but where theres a camera, there was top totty....

aberdeensiregirl Jul 1st 2009 8:01 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714289)
Have to admit, everytime The Hitman And Her headed to Flicks, in Brechin, a few of the lads and I would head down...

Not for the talentless SAW acts, but where theres a camera, there was top totty....

Flicks! - blast from past for hubby - he came originally from Brechin.

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7714309)
Flicks! - blast from past for hubby - he came originally from Brechin.

Uhoh, my missus is from the Glens, th'ither side o' Edzell.....

aberdeensiregirl Jul 1st 2009 8:31 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714373)
Uhoh, my missus is from the Glens, th'ither side o' Edzell.....

He left there when he was around 10 I think to move to Huntly but still has a lot of relatives in that direction and some at little brechin too. Have not been there for a while cos we usually went to visit his gran who died quite a long time ago. Me - from Cousland (just outside musselburgh) to West Calder to Edinburgh (Easter rd) to Huntly then to Foggie!!

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 8:34 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7714389)
He left there when he was around 10 I think to move to Huntly but still has a lot of relatives in that direction and some at little brechin too. Have not been there for a while cos we usually went to visit his gran who died quite a long time ago. Me - from Cousland (just outside musselburgh) to West Calder to Edinburgh (Easter rd) to Huntly then to Foggie!!

Phew...

Started to get worried that somehow we would have had less than 6 degrees of seperation....

commander Jul 1st 2009 9:00 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7714289)

i have been on the stage with HM&H at Flicks..live on TV..what a place..

commander Jul 1st 2009 9:01 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7714389)

lucky you, youve managed to encompass most of the shitholes of scotland into your travels...

aberdeensiregirl Jul 1st 2009 9:03 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7714498)
lucky you, youve managed to encompass most of the shitholes of scotland into your travels...

thank you for the lovely compliment

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 9:04 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7714495)
i have been on the stage with HM&H at Flicks..live on TV..what a place..

Ahhh.....

Michaela-la-la-la-la...

I did mention to her one time there, that hooking up with me would mean that there was no need to decide whether to change her surname to mine, as they are the same.. I'm sure she wavered for a second or two, then politely refused my advances....

http://www.theedge-uk.com/SPEAKER/Michaela_Strachan.jpg

commander Jul 1st 2009 9:04 am

Originally Posted by aberdeensiregirl (Post 7714501)
thank you for the lovely compliment

your welcome, coming from Arbroath and Forfar....you have my sympathies.;)

TGFKASE Jul 1st 2009 9:05 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7714498)

Glad you said most, since she seems to have left the West Coast out of her travels....