Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

revolving tower - $30m EACH aprt

revolving tower - $30m EACH aprt

Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default revolving tower - $30m EACH aprt

'Not only can the apartments rotate a full 360 degrees, they can do so at a pace of your choice. “It’s all voice activated, you can go faster, slower, start and even stop. The change is smooth and soft,” says Fisher in the video.
You can also rotate your apartment according to the sunlight – meaning you can either follow the sun or stay in the shade. Nice.
The best bit, besides the constant changing view, is the fact that the electricity is free – there’ll be wind turbines between each floor.
The free power may help soften the blow for what you’re about to read next… each apartment costs a whopping US$30 million'
Plans For World's First Rotating Skyscraper In Dubai - Dubai Tower, UAE Around Town - ShortList Dubai
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: revolving tower - $30m EACH aprt

It'd be cheaper to buy an entire floor and just move from apartment to apartment as mood suits.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:21 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope the soundproofing between floors is good. I can hear my neighbours scraping chairs and slamming doors, would hate to think of the noise as your upstairs neighbour rotates their entire flat round.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 8:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
It'd be cheaper to buy an entire floor and just move from apartment to apartment as mood suits.
People considering spending $30m on an apartment are unlikely first think; 'what would be a much, much shitter but ultimately cheaper way of doing this.'
Old Feb 21st 2017, 9:57 am
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably each floor is one apartment, or when you revolve your apartment round the other apartments on your floor would revolve round as well!
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

You've all missed a key word in this article: "plans"

I have plans to write a book, learn spanish, gain 4kg, quit my job.... few come to fruition.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't miss it.

But I see you and I are the lucky few whose weight problem is the opposite of most

Originally Posted by Millhouse
You've all missed a key word in this article: "plans"

I have plans to write a book, learn spanish, gain 4kg, quit my job.... few come to fruition.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:08 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be a perfect location from which to get a view of Dubai Waterfront, Nakheel Harbour and the Arabian Canal, not to mention the Dancing Towers and the creek cultural island, Jumeirah Garden City, Bawadi and the Mall of Arabia. You might even be able to see all of the underwater hotels.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't miss it.

But I see you and I are the lucky few whose weight problem is the opposite of most
it never used to be that way.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
I think it will be a perfect location from which to get a view of Dubai Waterfront, Nakheel Harbour and the Arabian Canal, not to mention the Dancing Towers and the creek cultural island, Jumeirah Garden City, Bawadi and the Mall of Arabia. You might even be able to see all of the underwater hotels.
I remember Jumeirah Garden City. Meraas had a major 3-D fly through display set up at CityScape just before the crash. It was a little kid's fantasy of a model city based on too many Disney cartoons and playing too many SimCity games. Let's just hope the poor 3D consultants got paid.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Eh. Better thin than fat. Live longer. Unless you were pawned by the prostate C.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
it never used to be that way.