British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Reverse charge call (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/reverse-charge-call-621536/)

AnotherWorld Jul 22nd 2009 10:03 am

Reverse charge call

Apparently the Arabs working in Etisalat understand neither the term "Reverse charge" nor "Collect call". They wouldnt help my girlfriend.

Does anyone know how to make a reverse charges phone call in the UAE? If you do and you are out of work, you are probably more qualified to replace the idiots working in Etisalat.

Euc- Jul 22nd 2009 10:08 am

Re: Reverse charge call

I don't think its possible in the UAE.. Not every country has it you know.. Even the Netherlands don't anymore!

MataHari Jul 22nd 2009 10:57 am

guess the way to do it here is to make a call, not pay the bill and leave the country...

banter64 Jul 22nd 2009 10:57 am

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld (Post 7773529)
Apparently the Arabs working in Etisalat understand neither the term "Reverse charge" nor "Collect call". They wouldnt help my girlfriend.

Does anyone know how to make a reverse charges phone call in the UAE? If you do and you are out of work, you are probably more qualified to replace the idiots working in Etisalat.

Not possible I am afraid

Blue Cat Jul 22nd 2009 1:57 pm

she doesn't have enough credit to ring or text you?

AnotherWorld Jul 22nd 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7774089)
she doesn't have enough credit to ring or text you?

SHe has to call the bank in Australia and do somthing that may take time, over the phone.

glynster Jul 22nd 2009 2:34 pm

So she wants to make a reverse charge call to the bank? Bet they would of been pleased.

AnotherWorld Jul 22nd 2009 2:48 pm

Well they asked her to...

Patsy Stoned Jul 22nd 2009 3:50 pm

why can't they just call her??

Blue Cat Jul 22nd 2009 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 7774364)

I was just thinking that!! weird!

Confucius Jul 22nd 2009 5:25 pm

I see that you're not familiar to the concept of missed calls...

AnotherWorld Jul 23rd 2009 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 7774364)

Because they dont know they need to at this time..

954RR Jul 23rd 2009 5:16 am

Why not call the bank and ask them to call straight back. The initial call should not be too much.

georrush Mar 4th 2010 6:38 am

I know we have 1800mumdad here in Australia and it saddens me that there is difficulty in reverse call charges out there in UAE. I pity them.

Roadking Mar 4th 2010 6:50 am

Originally Posted by georrush (Post 8392570)
I know we have 1800mumdad here in Australia and it saddens me that there is difficulty in reverse call charges out there in UAE. I pity them.

Thanks, we'll take all the sympathy we can get. Now if you could just see your way to sending some cash with that sympathy.....