Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Revealed: Best countries for expats to live and work

Revealed: Best countries for expats to live and work

Old Sep 18th 2019, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Revealed: Best countries for expats to live and work

Originally Posted by HiHo
The reason is, its so difficult to get a working visa UK companies don't bother. Unless your a Swiss born astrophysicist nobody is going to wade though the paperwork to get you a visa. The problem with Swiss born astrophysicist is cause, they have higher exceptions, than your average expat grunt engineer.
Ouch! Can I enquire as to what you do as an expat?
Old Sep 18th 2019, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
We are probably supporting the same client
Old Sep 19th 2019, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

We are probably supporting the same client
Which is? I have several.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 9:32 am
Gold-Helmeted Member

captainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond reputecaptainflack has a reputation beyond repute

Also Chinese is a hell of a lot easier to learn than most European languages once you get past the first couple of months and figure out the tones and characters a bit. No plurals, no verb conjugations, no verb tenses, therefore no irregular verbs. And even a little bit goes a long way to having a very good time.
Old Sep 22nd 2019, 2:41 pm
fth
Forum Regular

fth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
Free schools, free hopsitals, probably get a passport within a few years, lots of pretty places to live, one of the biggest and most popular cities in the world as the capital - which is accessible within hours from the ENTIRE country, easy access to Europe and North America.....it's very attractive.

**** it, I might move home.
Sounds like Australia if you weren't talking about the distances. The Aussies also win on weather, beaches, food, and lower likelihood of being stabbed. UK wins on less animals capable of killing you.

Old Sep 22nd 2019, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I'm far too English to be derogatory of anybody's career chooses other than my own. But we earn a crust and keep the wolf from the door. That said we are not too posh to live in the UK if the project requires.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I'm far too English to be derogatory of anybody's career chooses other than my own. But we earn a crust and keep the wolf from the door. That said we are not too posh to live in the UK if the project requires.
Sounds like a spook talking - they never give straight answers lol
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Sounds like a spook talking - they never give straight answers lol
Haha, Never trust anybody that over sells you something. During dessert storm a bunch of muscle bound guys with short hair walked in to a bar I was drinking in near Incilik air force base. They told anybody that would listen that they were process engineers. One of them asked a kiwi mate of mine what he did for a living. He replied "I'm a process engineer a real one". the bar got a lot more peaceful.
Old Sep 28th 2019, 10:34 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, Never trust anybody that over sells you something. During dessert storm a bunch of muscle bound guys with short hair walked in to a bar I was drinking in near Incilik air force base. They told anybody that would listen that they were process engineers. One of them asked a kiwi mate of mine what he did for a living. He replied "I'm a process engineer a real one". the bar got a lot more peaceful.
Must have been a mighty ice cream fight.