Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Restaurants with a baby!

Restaurants with a baby!

Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Restaurants with a baby!

We have friends out with a baby and I'm not sure if you can take children to licenced restaurants here. Does any one know and if so, any recommendations ??
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants with a baby!

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
We have friends out with a baby and I'm not sure if you can take children to licenced restaurants here. Does any one know and if so, any recommendations ??
you can take kids to most restaurants...it's very child friendly here...the only one i know for sure that doesn't allow kids in the evening is ushna in abu dhabi...

MM, xx
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
you can take kids to most restaurants...it's very child friendly here...the only one i know for sure that doesn't allow kids in the evening is ushna in abu dhabi...

MM, xx
Thanks MM!
So Madinat should be ok, out by meat co/left bank...??
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just lock the kids in the cupboard?
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Can't you just lock the kids in the cupboard?
nah leave them in the car...
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
We have never had problems (although didn't try too much to be honest as we just left him under the stairs).

If you are in AD, Pregos is very good for a kid dinner, or the Al Raha Friday buffett.

That said, we don't have the equivalent of a Harvester here which is of course the utlimate in underage dining.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
nah leave them in the car...
Hes been in there for 4 hrs now...should go and check on him I suppose..
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Restaurants should only allow children if they're accompanied by well-behaved adults.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Restaurants should only allow children if they're accompanied by well-behaved adults.
This just reminded me... we were kicked out of a pub in the UK at the weekend (ok a weatherspoons so not a real pub) for being too noisy and upsetting the kids (a 1 year old and a 3 year old) who were having dinner in there... it was 8.30pm.

Quite frankly, our group (a group of 7 blokes, 5 who have kids of their own) struggled to see who was in the wrong.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:19 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
This just reminded me... we were kicked out of a pub in the UK at the weekend (ok a weatherspoons so not a real pub) for being too noisy and upsetting the kids (a 1 year old and a 3 year old) who were having dinner in there... it was 8.30pm.

Quite frankly, our group (a group of 7 blokes, 5 who have kids of their own) struggled to see who was in the wrong.
You were for having gone to a pikey Wetherspoons
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:21 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Upsetting them by being too noisy, or being noisy and also upsetting them? Stealing their drinks? Making moves on their MILFs? Flashing? I think we should be told.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Upsetting them by being too noisy, or being noisy and also upsetting them? Stealing their drinks? Making moves on their MILFs? Flashing? I think we should be told.
err this is Millhouse we are talking about right and considering he was in a Wetherspoons I'd go with stealing drinks and maybe throwing up
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Give me a break...! we were in the Wetherspoons as we were waiting to meet someone...

My version of the truth is that the bouncer came over and said he had received a complaint about us as we were too noisy and that there were kids in the bar and we were scaring them. Just a bit of cheering as it was a stag do and so he gave us a warning.

The family kept staring at us and muttering things so we downed our beers and left, of course, only once we had expressed our surprise to find kids under 5 in the bar post bed time.

The next venue was where the Millhouse action really started...

Last edited by Millhouse; Aug 24th 2010 at 3:13 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:03 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Give me a break...! we were in the Wetherspoons as we were waiting to meet someone...

My version of the truth is that the bouncer came over and said he had received a complaint about us as we were too noisy and that there were kids in the bar and we were scaring them. Just a bit of cheering as it was a stag do and so he gave us a warning.

The family kept staring at us and muttering things so we downed our beers and left, of course, only once we had expressed our surprise to find kids under 5 in the bar post bed time.

The next venue was where the Millhouse action really started...
I think they maintain that they are a 'family' restaurant until 9pm when they really start flogging the buckets of budweiser and £1 pints. It's good for a start of the evening drink of course, but the smell in those places makes me heave. It's almost like someone has vomited on every single square inch in the whole place and they just mopped it up rather than steamclean the carpet. The only other place I have ever been in which managed to maintain this stench was Chicago's (Windsor and Maidenhead, don't know about the rest of the country)....
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by norsk
I think they maintain that they are a 'family' restaurant until 9pm when they really start flogging the buckets of budweiser and £1 pints. It's good for a start of the evening drink of course, but the smell in those places makes me heave. It's almost like someone has vomited on every single square inch in the whole place and they just mopped it up rather than steamclean the carpet. The only other place I have ever been in which managed to maintain this stench was Chicago's (Windsor and Maidenhead, don't know about the rest of the country)....
Hence my post re throwing up...

ha ha Chicago's in Windsor, oh sweet jesus what a dump, was there in April for a school reunion... Scary....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.