Reload this Page >

Resignation During Probation Period Qatar

Resignation During Probation Period Qatar

Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

dabseyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Resignation During Probation Period Qatar

A little help required please.

I have recently resigned from my position in Doha. The reason for my resignation is that my boss decided to extend my probation period without giving me any satisfactory explanation why. I am currently working my 1 month notice period and the question that is now bugging me is have the company now got the right to cut my mobilisation + demobilisation costs and 2 months rent from any outstanding money that is owed to me.

I have been looking through my contract and its very vague with regard to resignation during probation but its does say that failure to complete a years service can result in mobilisation costs being deducted.

I am worried that they will not pay me for my months notice.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Dabseyman
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resignation During Probation Period Qatar

No easy way to say this but Reckon you are well and truly shafted matey

Not a good clause to have accepted in your contract. A chap I knew came to Bahrain and decided after 7 weeks that he really didnt like his job due to the TCNs and the management team but had a similar clause in his contract to yours. In the end he decided he couldnt make it pay to stay and work his notice so collected his second month pay check and gapped it back to his home country.

I am sure many will say its a dispicable thing to do etc but the cash he owed his employer was far in excess of his months salary and didnt want any risk of getting stuck in Bahrain.

I think under labour law we can all have our probationary period extended once