Requiem for a dream

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:32 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Requiem for a dream

Probably the best anti drugs film I've ever seen.

The woman on the diet pills is the worst.

OK, it's from 1980 but.... enjoy

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/55840...em.For.A.Dream[2000]Director_s.Cut.DVDRip.DivX[Eng]-QiX
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requiem for a dream

Originally Posted by Kix
OK, it's from 1980 but.... enjoy
actually from 2000, but great film and should be watched to show how bad addiction can be.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Sara Goldfarb finally gets in that red dress and looks smokin' hot!!

But surely, this movie is a bit more than just mere drug addiction? As far as I know, it's quite the movie watched by potheads.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 6:03 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
actually from 2000, but great film and should be watched to show how bad addiction can be.
Sorry yes, based in 1980 or I was on drugs myself last night...
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

One enormous change in the last 30 (40 ?) years in UK - the acceptance of the Drugs Culture. The genie is out of the bottle and will not get back in !
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scot47
One enormous change in the last 30 (40 ?) years in UK - the acceptance of the Drugs Culture. The genie is out of the bottle and will not get back in !
Not just the UK, generally accepted around Europe/north america as well. The hippies have grown up and got jobs, I guess it can't be that bad.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Great movie. Bit of a mind **** though.
Good soundtrack.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

There's a tvep on iPlayer right now about the m-cat scene in Leeds and the destruction it is bringing on people. I doubt governments think it was a good idea now that sweeping up the entire tree gum harvest used to manufacture mdma, and the resultant shifting of people onto 'legal' crap that is sending people psychotic, damaging their bladders and requiring rehab for many was a good move.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beakersful
There's a tvep on iPlayer right now about the m-cat scene in Leeds and the destruction it is bringing on people. I doubt governments think it was a good idea now that sweeping up the entire tree gum harvest used to manufacture mdma, and the resultant shifting of people onto 'legal' crap that is sending people psychotic, damaging their bladders and requiring rehab for many was a good move.

I remember some girls I went to school with who used to get high on slimming pills. Not sure on any long lasting side effects, but it didn't look very pleasant.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Dexedrine? Clinical amphetamine. Used to be prescribed to listless housewives. Quite addictive and leads to psychosis and the heart burning out too early (Ritalin has those problems too, since it's effectively an amphetamine. the DSM-IV is gonna damage a whole generation of kids)
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adifax. No longer available I see. Caused some heart valve issues apparently. Ironically, the school also had a random mandatory drug testing program which probably did more harm than good. Sudafed, nyquil and beer..lethal combo.

I barely touch any pharmaceutical drugs, must be more than 10 years ago since I had anything prescribed, and I might have had a few of aspirin since.

Last edited by Paracletus; Jan 23rd 2013 at 11:04 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

I realise I've not seen the Op's posted film, I may do at some point, but my favourite film of the genre is Deep Cover. Rocking music!