Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Rental declines in Dubai - 20% in premier areas

Rental declines in Dubai - 20% in premier areas

Old Nov 1st 2017, 8:00 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental declines in Dubai - 20% in premier areas

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

Interestingly enough, Banlieue de Disco Gardens has seen the smallest decline, only 2%.
Disco at 2%? thats pish posh!
I have first hand knowledge my friend, its dropped more than 30% and still dropping!
Plus Nakheel have gone mental and have hired this new anal security setup whose job is nothing more than making problems for everyone at every step (they think it stops the girls from the stans / china from making the rounds which it doesnt) so even the ones living there are fed up
There are atleast 3-4 flats empty per building in that area my friend

but exBo dwenty dwenty will come and everything will be fine, dont worry, come come, sit in my Bintly!
Old Nov 1st 2017, 8:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
How much?

I also never get calls from these financial people. My bank, on the other hand? They keep sending me credit cards that I never requested
Dunno, a guy I worked with was leaving and made a few thousand out of it. Wasn't a big list though....but don't forget, 1,000 names and mobile numbers of expat manager level people is 1,000 potential clients. Some of them will be foolish enough and for the cost of the list, they'll make it back many times over. It's why they pepper ever new sign up for referrals or staff lists or contacts.

If I was working for them I'd be begging for cash to buy these lists.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

133k to 130k this year, no further discounting.

tempted to increase the cheques just to spite them
Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
133k to 130k this year, no further discounting.

tempted to increase the cheques just to spite them
What was RERA saying? Did that play a part?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What was RERA saying? Did that play a part?
RERA is range is 115-140. RERA is also a cap against increases. Should note that my place is massive and by far the best unit in the (full) building. Others with bad views, and poor layouts etc are around 125k
Old Nov 8th 2017, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
RERA is range is 115-140. RERA is also a cap against increases. Should note that my place is massive and by far the best unit in the (full) building. Others with bad views, and poor layouts etc are around 125k
I wondered if it said you're too high or whatever.

I like RERA. It taught me to ensure you get the best place in a shitty area instead of living in a shitty place in an expensive area.