Rental Crash Part II

Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental Crash Part II

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Al Reef contractors have already stopped watering the plants outside the villas here...
already? wow, that's pretty quick. I assume that the greenery is fading away pretty quickly?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

no, most of the residents appear to have accepted it and water themselves. Ours are withering now mind, I refused to do it, next they'll have as cleaning the pool and the gym (if they ever open the damned thing!)
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
no, most of the residents appear to have accepted it and water themselves. Ours are withering now mind, I refused to do it, next they'll have as cleaning the pool and the gym (if they ever open the damned thing!)
That is the good news of a freehold area I guess. People will at least try and look after it. The buyers must be worried on those purchases.

Have they dug out the pool?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Have they dug out the pool?
the pool in phase 1 looks complete, just not fricking water which makes swimming a problem. think they might be holding off on opening until the landscaping is complete, who knows...

I had understood that there would be a small pool+gym in each of the phases, and then a bigger one downtown, however I think I'll be living elsewhere before the downtown is finished. just a mass of cast concrete shells!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
The thing that worries me more (and this applies to all compounds really) is that as rents falls landlords will stop paying the service charges. I'm sure that it is only a matter of time before the greenery dies, the pools turn green and the roaches move in.
Funnily enough there's a message on the communal noticeboard in my building (South Ridge) today that a list of owners who haven't paid the community charge will be put up for all to see, in a 'name and shame' expose. It is worrying when this must be becoming a issue in what I had thought was a relatively well occupied development, in a popular area.

I did hear when I moved in the the community charge on a 1 bedroom in South Ridge is circa 20k a year, and with 1 bedroom prices here starting to come down to less than 80k, it's going to squeeze the landlords pockets. Shame.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx
Funnily enough there's a message on the communal noticeboard in my building (South Ridge) today that a list of owners who haven't paid the community charge will be put up for all to see, in a 'name and shame' expose. It is worrying when this must be becoming a issue in what I had thought was a relatively well occupied development, in a popular area.

I did hear when I moved in the the community charge on a 1 bedroom in South Ridge is circa 20k a year, and with 1 bedroom prices here starting to come down to less than 80k, it's going to squeeze the landlords pockets. Shame.
Interesting. It doesn't help that Emaar are skintos either. I think that in the ranches a management company has been set up by the residents - not that is better, just different.

I lived in a freehold block of flats (only 5 flats) in the UK and it was almost impossible to set up and agree management fees and sinking funds (with people wanting their money back upon leaving etc.) I just gave up trying and left as that was only ever going to go one way.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

crw1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone seen any prices for the new build villas that are backing onto Emirates Golf course and next to Emaar Business Park? Thanks.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:13 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crw1979
Has anyone seen any prices for the new build villas that are backing onto Emirates Golf course and next to Emaar Business Park? Thanks.
I heard a rumour tha they were for Emirati's only....
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:14 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Evidence #2: three bed+ study in Al Reem, Arabian Ranches for 95,000. Millhouse, snap to attention!

http://tnydu.biz/Dfkzqn
Hey guys, this whole thread has been really informative especially being a newbie in Dubai - given me a new insight. Thanks to all