Rent Renewal

Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:31 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rent Renewal

What do you do?

If you work in MEP I'd be amazed if you weren't contacted fairly regularly. Oh and you don't want to know where your details are found.

Yes I am in MEP and am contacted reasonably often but the salary I ask for usually does the trick

[/QUOTE]
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:41 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
In my (small) experience, Linkedin.com
Maybe but I rarely go onto Linkedin and not sure my CV or phone no is on there because some of my contacts are my immediate directors. I will check that though, when I ask them where they got my details from they just say we have ways!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:45 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

The same underhand ways financial people get them.

Buying customer details en-mass from a high end retailer, like a watch store. Usually the watch stores are targeted because they keep details of job titles etc.

It's all 200AED here, 500AED there for these lists.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:51 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Be wary of ever giving your main email address out. As soon as you register on any website, on a mailing list, for a restaurant promotion etc, your address is in the public domain and will be sold on. The argument is apparently that you made it public!

I keep a specific gmail address for all that kind of thing so it doesn't clog up my work inbox, but even then the odd person gets through.

It's a modern day, first world complaint.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 12:55 pm

Think there is about 5 different subjects now in this one about rentals
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
The same underhand ways financial people get them.

Buying customer details en-mass from a high end retailer, like a watch store. Usually the watch stores are targeted because they keep details of job titles etc.

It's all 200AED here, 500AED there for these lists.
Not in recruitment.

There are thousands of candidates on job boards, linkedin, databases.

People are easily findable, contactable and getable.

No need to buy lists of names of people, you don't even know what they do!

Leave that to the finance chaps.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Fizzy_Bear is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Scamp
The outcome is that I pitched an idea.

They want me to stay, they like me, I cause no hassle, I have no complaints against me. I'm a good Scamp.

I suggested that 75k was too high, as was their offer of 69k.

I pointed them to RERA and that technically, they have very little option but to let me have it again for 62,500.

I suggested that as a good will gesture, to not be rude, piss off the LL and to save a load of hassle for everyone, that I would pay 65,000 in one cheque next week.

He was meant to ring back last night with a yes / no. I didn't hear. I'm just going to wait and see.

If he accepts that, I think it is quite fair and reasonable....it's certainly cheaper than the apt should be, but more than I should pay.

What you reckon?
So what happens if they don't accept your offer? How do they get you out of the property? Do they have to lodge a case at RERA?

I am going back to renting soon and dreading all this crap, so just wondering how the game works these days.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:36 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Fizzy_Bear
So what happens if they don't accept your offer? How do they get you out of the property? Do they have to lodge a case at RERA?

I am going back to renting soon and dreading all this crap, so just wondering how the game works these days.
From what everyone says and what I can find online, he can't really.

It seems his only option is to contest it with me at RERA at which point I think they will tell him to rent again for same money as last year.

I'm not confident though because it seems so heavily weighted in my favour.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:49 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

So what happens if they don't accept your offer? How do they get you out of the property?
Being the ME I would hazard a guess that you'll come home one day and find your stuff outside and all the locks changed.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikewot
Being the ME I would hazard a guess that you'll come home one day and find your stuff outside and all the locks changed.
I changed the locks when I moved in

(I know that won't stop them, but it will slow them down...Idama are ****ing hopeless)
Old Oct 17th 2012, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by rowell
My landlords trying it on for 10% even though It seems he is not entitled to it, so bit of fight on my hands but its cheaper to pay than moving and don't want to leave ranches
Update....met my landlord today, showed him the print outs from RERA stating he wasn't entitled to increase rent at all, I was prepared to negotiate to 5% increase but he just backed down and said no problem same price, will get contract drawn up............result
Old Oct 17th 2012, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Update....met my landlord today, showed him the print outs from RERA stating he wasn't entitled to increase rent at all, I was prepared to negotiate to 5% increase but he just backed down and said no problem same price, will get contract drawn up............result
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

Excellent
Old Oct 17th 2012, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Fizzy_Bear is on a distinguished road

Result, well done Scamp!
Old Oct 18th 2012, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Result, well done Scamp!
* Rowell.

I've still heard nothing. Thanks for reminding me....will call him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.