British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   rent at lowest level in three years (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rent-lowest-level-three-years-621121/)

shiva Jul 20th 2009 8:37 am

rent at lowest level in three years

bring it on

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/56242...years---report

Blue Cat Jul 20th 2009 8:38 am

Re: rent at lowest level in three years

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7767279)

:thumbup: we certainly never thought we would be in a fantastic three bed duplex for 132k!!! brilliant!

lionheart Jul 20th 2009 8:50 am

A studio apartment is now AED26,500 at International City...

Meow Jul 20th 2009 9:06 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7767301)

Is that what they pay you to live in that awful dump?

-

Jeeper Jul 20th 2009 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7767329)
Is that what they pay you to live in that awful dump?

-

We just moved into a larger 1 bed in int. city for 40k....and I hear the prices are still falling.

Int cit really is getting nicer by the week. Especially in the more developed / populated parts. Lots of resturants, decent convenience stores etc....it's like the birth of a new satwa but without the traffic.:thumbup:

I know it will never be as good as satwa though.

Blue Cat Jul 20th 2009 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 7767997)
We just moved into a larger 1 bed in int. city for 40k....and I hear the prices are still falling.

Int cit really is getting nicer by the week. Especially in the more developed / populated parts. Lots of resturants, decent convenience stores etc....it's like the birth of a new satwa but without the traffic.:thumbup:

I know it will never be as good as satwa though.

I have always liked the look of the buildings from the outside. It will never be Satwa though, you're right :)

Shadya Jul 20th 2009 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7767329)
Is that what they pay you to live in that awful dump?-

So when was the last time you were there?

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Jul 20th 2009 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7767301)

I love Marina living, but to be honest the differential in money gained by moving to International City is nearly 1,400STG per month. Would be worth considering I reck...

Only problem is I've heard it don't half 'pen and ink' over there.

TM - LB

Jeeper Jul 20th 2009 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy (Post 7768531)
I love Marina living, but to be honest the differential in money gained by moving to International City is nearly 1,400STG per month. Would be worth considering I reck...

Only problem is I've heard it don't half 'pen and ink' over there.

TM - LB

The smell rumour is great for us...keeps the rent down as everyone thinks this place reeks.
The smell is only in the china morocco areas.....england / italy / spain are fine.
I have NEVER smelt it living in these parts.
Even when I lived in the CBD towers in the middle of the development I only smelt it twice.

Just don't rent in china / morocco.....apparently it fair stinks there.
Italy / spain / england are nearly as far from the sewer plant as silicon oasis or mirdiff (slight exaggeration but still - we are a fair way away from it here).

And yes - the savings are significant.....40kmin a year rent saved just by sacrificing the ability to have a view of someone elses boat.
Few years of saving that 40k and I can buy my own f'n boat.

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Jul 21st 2009 4:49 am

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 7768590)
The smell rumour is great for us...keeps the rent down as everyone thinks this place reeks.
The smell is only in the china morocco areas.....england / italy / spain are fine.
Even when I lived in the CBD towers in the middle of the development I only smelt it twice.

Italy / spain / england are nearly as far from the sewer plant as silicon oasis or mirdiff (slight exaggeration but still - we are a fair way away from it here).

And yes - the savings are significant.....40kmin a year rent saved just by sacrificing the ability to have a view of someone elses boat.

LOL..., well put at the end there.

Meow Jul 21st 2009 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7768136)
So when was the last time you were there?

Cheap does not always equal good. :rolleyes:

-

Euc- Jul 21st 2009 8:05 am

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 7768590)

China and Morocco are real ghost towns, empty shops, few restaurants here and there, very unlike Italy, which has a buzzling feel to it. There was this one restaurant which was pretty cool to sit outside with your laptop and smoke shisha, and the food was even half decent :p