British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Renault Drivers? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/renault-drivers-604297/)

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2009 1:49 pm

Renault Drivers?

I have never had a Renault before but I quite fancy this little number ;)

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/...t/product.aspx

Blue Cat Apr 19th 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Renault Drivers?

according to Top Gear it is a Chav car!! might have to have a re think :eek:

Cham128 Apr 19th 2009 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7493379)
I have never had a Renault before but I quite fancy this little number ;)

http://www.renault.co.uk/cars/model/...t/product.aspx

haram... *shakes head*

really though that car is fugly when you see it in the flesh and its french so i just don't trust the roof at all

FlirtyKnickers Apr 19th 2009 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 7493583)
haram... *shakes head*

really though that car is fugly when you see it in the flesh and its french so i just don't trust the roof at all

You would be wise to stay clear, I've a Renault, although it's not that one....it has had some major problems for a 2 year old car...:sneaky:

Roadking Apr 19th 2009 3:47 pm

1 Attachment(s)
You could try this one....

I know, it's nasty!

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7493618)
You could try this one....

I know, it's nasty!

:eek::eek::eek:

no chance, think I might take a look at the Puegot Convertible as well :p

Charismatic Apr 20th 2009 5:15 am

There is a kind of Vel Satis theme to them now. That's what I'd do of course, style a whole range of cars on a quirky car that never sold well :unsure:. If I wanted a small convertible that shouted "I'm gay" I'd go for the VW Eos, miles ahead of the rest IMO.

You have to stretch a bit to Mercedes SLK. Yes, it's a lot more expensive but it's actually a nice car to drive rather than a Megan or 206 with the roof cut off. Engineers at Mercedes actually started out with the intentions of making a convertible car so they did it the right way :).

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7494809)
There is a kind of Vel Satis theme to them now. That's what I'd do of course, style a whole range of cars on a quirky car that never sold well :unsure:. If I wanted a small convertible that shouted "I'm gay" I'd go for the VW Eos, miles ahead of the rest IMO.

You have to stretch a bit to Mercedes SLK. Yes, it's a lot more expensive but it's actually a nice car to drive rather than a Megan or 206 with the roof cut off. Engineers at Mercedes actually started out with the intentions of making a convertible car so they did it the right way :).

I love the EOS but it is out of my budget sadly :( husband was going to get the SLK but ended up with a Volvo, long story.

BorderTart Apr 20th 2009 5:29 am

I had loads of Renaults over the years and never had any problems with them.

Morecambe Mindy Apr 20th 2009 5:40 am

Originally Posted by BorderTart (Post 7494825)
I had loads of Renaults over the years and never had any problems with them.

Had a Scenic back in the UK. What can I say, erm, it was pale blue....

Don't remember any major probs with it.

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2009 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7494775)
:eek::eek::eek:

no chance, think I might take a look at the Puegot Convertible as well :p

BC a friend of mine has one and has had loads of probs with it, parts and servicing very exp as well

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2009 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 7494809)

VW Eos, whats so good about it then? Saw one the other day, looks nice.

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 8:54 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7495335)
BC a friend of mine has one and has had loads of probs with it, parts and servicing very exp as well

back to drawing board it seems, realistically nothing will happen because I won't be able to sell my car :o

Grace O Malley Apr 20th 2009 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7495349)
back to drawing board it seems, realistically nothing will happen because I won't be able to sell my car :o

you can trade in though, you wont get a great price though.

Prob with most conv cars here is the AC compressors break down and they cost a fortune.

Blue Cat Apr 20th 2009 9:02 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7495356)
you can trade in though, you wont get a great price though.

Prob with most conv cars here is the AC compressors break down and they cost a fortune.

I have just seen a fab Infiniti FX35 on Dubizzle as well :thumbup: