Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

for the remaining smokers out there

for the remaining smokers out there

Old Mar 6th 2019, 7:30 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute
Default for the remaining smokers out there

So about a week or so ago, I purchased one of these new fangled HEET smoking thingys and I've got to say, I am so super impressed. I've tried eCigarettes, Vapes, all of it and never got on with any of them.

This new device not only feels like the closest of all to smoking real cigarettes, but it has so drastically cut down my consumption. I think its a combination of the purer nicotine experience coupled with half the time, I can't be assed to get it out. I've gone from more than a pack a day (sometimes two packs if on the p155) to less than half a pack of Heets per day. Yesterday, I had one smoke all day long.

The difference in my breathing is also astonishing, I know that the advertising says that its the burning of tobacco and paper that causes irritation but Im pleasantly shocked at how much difference its made in such a short time.

My best purchase for a very long time. :-)
Old Mar 6th 2019, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the remaining smokers out there

I started vaping in Aug 2013, not gone back to analogues since then. Have tried it once or twice, but find the taste ( and smell ) quite awful. Glad you found something that works for you.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed
So about a week or so ago, I purchased one of these new fangled HEET smoking thingys and I've got to say, I am so super impressed. I've tried eCigarettes, Vapes, all of it and never got on with any of them.

This new device not only feels like the closest of all to smoking real cigarettes, but it has so drastically cut down my consumption. I think its a combination of the purer nicotine experience coupled with half the time, I can't be assed to get it out. I've gone from more than a pack a day (sometimes two packs if on the p155) to less than half a pack of Heets per day. Yesterday, I had one smoke all day long.

The difference in my breathing is also astonishing, I know that the advertising says that its the burning of tobacco and paper that causes irritation but Im pleasantly shocked at how much difference its made in such a short time.

Well done Shed - I keep flipping between proper cigs and the vape - just cant seem to quit/reduce the dam habit.

Im going to add champix to the mix and see how it goes !
Old Mar 6th 2019, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Well done Shed - I keep flipping between proper cigs and the vape - just cant seem to quit/reduce the dam habit.

Just a word of caution with Champix - it can do strange things to people.
Old Mar 6th 2019, 10:08 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Just a word of caution with Champix - it can do strange things to people.
Agreed on that - I had the weirdest dreams of my life when I tried it and also felt seriously paranoid all of the time and that's not something I ever suffered from at any other time in my life.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Been vaping 2 1/3 years now. Only had a few cigs (<10) over this period when I've run out of battery.

Haven't tried HEET but my mate swears by them. One thing I will say tho is that they stink worse than cigarettes.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:12 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Brave.

Mate just did a course and whilst they've definitely worked for him (he can't stand the smell of cigs now), he did admit the dreams were mental and one day he woke up and thought he was a policeman.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Brave.

Mate just did a course and whilst they've definitely worked for him (he can't stand the smell of cigs now), he did admit the dreams were mental and one day he woke up and thought he was a policeman.
Is he a policeman?
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

frequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to allfrequentflyer1234 is a name known to all

I quit 5 years ago. Once I’d made the decision, it was relatively easy. I started by reducing to 5 a day, then 3, then 1 and then did the patches for a few weeks. I went to the shop to get more patches and they’d run out, I never touched another cigarette or patch ever again.

I’d say the hardest part is to remove yourself from the thing that triggers the craving, once you’ve done that it’s pretty easy.

I gained about 1/2 a stone but am now back to within 2lbs of my smoking weight.

The only downside initially was that when out drinking, I wasn’t taking a break by smoking so I used to get absuloutely hammered from the extra drinking time available!

Just my 2 cents but I think those smoking devices perpetuate the problem as you never break the habit.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 9:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Is he a policeman?
Nope. Scumbag recruiter like me.
Old Mar 7th 2019, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

An uncle was prescribed Champix, him recounting the tales of his hallucinations was one of the funniest things I've ever heard in my life.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

I swear by Champix. Only thing that really worked for me. Even though i'm on my third course now. Hoping this is the last. I'm sick of the gremlins chasing me around my apartment every evening..
Old Mar 9th 2019, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't mix champix with anything if i was you mate. Just run the course as instructed. Smoke as per normal until around day 10-14
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheShed

Are they smokeless? a bloke in my building uses them and now swears by them
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:27 am
Wannabe Cycling God

Originally Posted by reddiva
Are they smokeless? a bloke in my building uses them and now swears by them
They produce a little bit of smoke or vapor, not sure which. I am fully on mine now and the wife has also converted.

My daughter is VERY anti-smoking and has commented how we don't smell of cigarette smoke anymore. I very much doubt I'll go back to regular smokes now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.