Reload this Page >

Relationship - what to do?

Relationship - what to do?

Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

dmcb1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relationship - what to do?

Hi,

I have recently moved out to Dubai, in the last two months, working for a good company, nice apartment on marina, going really well. However, literally a week after I moved out a girl that I really like became single, we've been friends for a couple of years but the timing for us has never been right, we have had our moments in the past too, we get on so well and have been speaking on phone and facebook all the time since ive been here. I really want to have a relationship with her and she tells me that she feels the same. She is apprehensive about moving here as her dad has been ill recently and she had a tumor removed from her head a few years ago and obviously still undergoes regular check ups and such.

My question is what do people think I should do? Stay for money or go home for love?

Also i work in construction so getting a job back home isnt going to be the simplest thing to do at the moment.

Anyones views are welcome.

Thanks
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:59 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Relationship - what to do?

Originally Posted by dmcb1981
Hi,

I have recently moved out to Dubai, in the last two months, working for a good company, nice apartment on marina, going really well. However, literally a week after I moved out a girl that I really like became single, we've been friends for a couple of years but the timing for us has never been right, we have had our moments in the past too, we get on so well and have been speaking on phone and facebook all the time since ive been here. I really want to have a relationship with her and she tells me that she feels the same. She is apprehensive about moving here as her dad has been ill recently and she had a tumor removed from her head a few years ago and obviously still undergoes regular check ups and such.

My question is what do people think I should do? Stay for money or go home for love?

Also i work in construction so getting a job back home isnt going to be the simplest thing to do at the moment.

Thanks
Dude, stay for money - relationships never last! Also, if its THAT meant to be -ish...then... it'll happen eventually!!!
Party on
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
Dear dmcb,
I get letters like this all the time from readers.
Firstly,you need to decide whether this relationship is one that is worth changing your life for,and that she feels the same.It is understandable that she is aprehensive about leaving the country at the moment.Is her father likely to recover from his illness?Is moving out here something she might warm to?If not you have to decide is she is worth going home for.Only your heart can answer that.

Aunty MD.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
You're still 27 and you have your whole life ahead of you...
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:13 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Relationship - what to do?

Pull yourself togeather lad, what are you thinking? Are you going to do this just for the chance to shag some daft slapper?

Look I like women as much as the next (straight) guy but no girl is worth moving for (except maybe Jessica Alba if it's just down the street and she's going to climb into bed to give you BJs every morning).

I hope this helps .
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:17 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a head case ....
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

oh my god you lot are so funny! Mister are you serious!

Im all up for the true love happily ever after - big shrek fan but come on.

There is no reason you can not start a relationship while you are here and then take it from there! Tell her to come over for a holiday....... see how she likes it, see if you still have things in common.

dont jump in with both feet and go home, nutter!!!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able
You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet
Old Aug 25th 2008, 6:07 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

How can she suddenly become single? Did she murder her husband? Surely if she was going through a divorce, you would have known about it? Anyway, FWIW, my view is try and keep the job AND the girl. Like somebody said earlier, spend holidays together. The health situation is a worry, though. It sounds like you may become a long term hospital visitor in years to come if you are not too careful. Is she really worth it? I hope so
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

dmcb1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
How can she suddenly become single? Did she murder her husband? Surely if she was going through a divorce, you would have known about it? Anyway, FWIW, my view is try and keep the job AND the girl. Like somebody said earlier, spend holidays together. The health situation is a worry, though. It sounds like you may become a long term hospital visitor in years to come if you are not too careful. Is she really worth it? I hope so
Thanks for all your comments, i should have expected as much from the blokes (although its probably the things Id say if i saw this question on a forum) strangely enough im still unsure, she told me today that she doesn't want to move here (thats today anyway) so i think a holiday to ease her in could well be in order.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your comments, i should have expected as much from the blokes (although its probably the things Id say if i saw this question on a forum) strangely enough im still unsure, she told me today that she doesn't want to move here (thats today anyway) so i think a holiday to ease her in could well be in order.
So in other words; you're willing to sacrifice stuff for her, but she won't sacrifice anything for you...
Oh yeah...That's love alright...
Man meets girl on the hillside, not on the level...
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:48 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

maybe she is just after a holiday in Dubai?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

dump her, she will pop her clogs soon anyway......

kidding,

hell what is this site, an agony aunt column?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I think it all depends on where 'home' is.
If it's the UK - NO WAY!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

shah1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

well i think she is there cuz she wants to be with her dad (maybe he is alone) - after all there is no quality of life in the uk anymore - infact u have to be a millionaire to stay here.
in sure she will re-consider a holiday once her dad gets better.

dont worry about the boys - they just jealous!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.