British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Regular Nights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/regular-nights-510836/)

Live for now Feb 1st 2008 8:33 am

Regular Nights

Hi everyone I arrive in Dubai early hours of 15th Feb leaving Newcastle valentines day lunch, I note something of a regular quiz on a Monday, I will be looking for somewhere to go on the Friday night to ease myself in gently, any suggestions, other than that look forward to hopefully meeting a few at the quiz on 18th if there is one, will kepp my eyes open.
Thanks

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 9:27 am

Re: Regular Nights

yup....quiznights are usually every Monday, seems like there will be a few new people turning up in the coming weeks...keep an eye on the board for the thread so you can put your name down and the table can be booked accordingly..
There are no regular Fridaynight meet ups....but who knows, maybe there are people reading this that feel like a post Valentine drink....

The Dean Feb 1st 2008 10:47 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5868541)
yup....quiznights are usually every Monday, seems like there will be a few new people turning up in the coming weeks...keep an eye on the board for the thread so you can put your name down and the table can be booked accordingly..
There are no regular Fridaynight meet ups....but who knows, maybe there are people reading this that feel like a post Valentine drink....

Hello lookinatdubai,

WARNING - that reply from MH was a FAKE.

It contained more than six words, and took up more than one line.

Warning to The Bored - there is a Mata Hari impersonator on the loose.

Accept no substitutes. We want the REAL Mata Hari back..........

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5868915)
Hello lookinatdubai,

WARNING - that reply from MH was a FAKE.

It contained more than six words, and took up more than one line.

Warning to The Bored - there is a Mata Hari impersonator on the loose.

Accept no substitutes. We want the REAL Mata Hari back..........

go **** yourself...

Inselaffen Feb 1st 2008 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai (Post 5868302)
Hi everyone I arrive in Dubai early hours of 15th Feb leaving Newcastle valentines day lunch, I note something of a regular quiz on a Monday, I will be looking for somewhere to go on the Friday night to ease myself in gently, any suggestions, other than that look forward to hopefully meeting a few at the quiz on 18th if there is one, will kepp my eyes open.
Thanks

The quiz nights are most Monday nights so just pop your name down on the thread for the one that week so we can get a big enough table booked. Its a pretty relaxed affair but we don't normally do all that bad.

I'll be organising it and booking the table but may not be there so much in the next few weeks myself.

Live for now Feb 1st 2008 12:50 pm

Thanks everyone look forward to meeting you all, anyone need or should I say want any bits n pieces bringing across that you cannot buy there and that you particularly miss.

MataHari Feb 1st 2008 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai (Post 5869416)
Thanks everyone look forward to meeting you all, anyone need or should I say want any bits n pieces bringing across that you cannot buy there and that you particularly miss.

yeah...bring me some Dutch magazines please...

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5869424)
yeah...bring me some Dutch magazines please...

Not sure how many of those you can get in Newcastle ?

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai (Post 5869416)

Yorkshire Tea Bags please !.....

You mentioned about having a Friday night out, do you mean our Thursday i.e. a UK Friday, or actually our Friday night i.e. a UK Saturday ???

I have been here since Oct and still cant work out what day of the week it is half the time !!:p

Live for now Feb 1st 2008 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5869576)
Yorkshire Tea Bags please !.....

You mentioned about having a Friday night out, do you mean our Thursday i.e. a UK Friday, or actually our Friday night i.e. a UK Saturday ???

I have been here since Oct and still cant work out what day of the week it is half the time !!:p

I thought Thursday's and Fridays were the same everywhere except when its 11pm Thursday here its Friday in Dubai, (bet your confused now) anyway I arrive early hours of Friday 15th so I mean I will certainly be up for a night out Friday and saturday then start in earnest in my new job on Sunday, that will be very odd working on a Sunday!
I will def get you Yorkshire Tea Bags

Madam Medusa Feb 1st 2008 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 5869335)
but may not be there so much in the next few weeks myself.

why...??

MM, xx

Grace O Malley Feb 1st 2008 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5870045)
why...??

MM, xx

yeah why

u said no hurry for hats;)

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5870053)
yeah why

u said no hurry for hats;)

Does anyone know gooddry cleaners, as looks as if I need to get my suit dry cleaned sooner than I thought.....maybe the BE girls can be bridesmaids, and Jamez can be his Best Man .....all exciting stuff !!:thumbsup:

Madam Medusa Feb 1st 2008 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 5870075)
Does anyone know gooddry cleaners, as looks as if I need to get my suit dry cleaned sooner than I thought.....maybe the BE girls can be bridesmaids, and Jamez can be his Best Man .....all exciting stuff !!:thumbsup:

ohhh....are we talking about your wedding here...??

MM, xx

BangleMan Feb 1st 2008 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5870110)
ohhh....are we talking about your wedding here...??

MM, xx

Ha Ha !!!! I wont be going down that road again, way too expensive to get out of it, ....and there was me thinking she spent every penny I earned when I was with her......How wrong I was, the aftermath is worse !!:eek: