Registering your car

Old May 4th 2010, 5:52 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Registering your car

According to the news tonight no one in Dubai can re register/register a car without the UAE ID card? Introduced this week to entice people to get it!
Old May 4th 2010, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registering your car

Originally Posted by rowell
According to the news tonight no one in Dubai can re register/register a car without the UAE ID card? Introduced this week to entice people to get it!
yeh but also heard of people registering and reregistering cars yesterday and today, without it and no probs....

left and right hand not knowing......
Old May 4th 2010, 7:02 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Some extra info here...doesn't apply in Dubai yet.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666493
Old May 29th 2010, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Pinacolada is an unknown quantity at this point

got my reregistration done a few days ago in Dubai. did not (!) bring passport, only registration card (I was a bit hasty I must admit). with a lot of palaver the reception guy got me the number...so - no registration card, but still the old way, passport and passport copy......
Old May 30th 2010, 9:20 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Had our car re-registered last Monday and didn't even have to be there. Our insurance provides for someone to come to our home and collect the car and all the relevant documentation and the money, and take it to be registered for us. (We must have been lucky - he collected the car at 11.30am and it was back with us just before 1.00pm.)

Be aware though that if you are in Dubai (don't know if this is the same in other Emirates) that you now have to have a reflective warning triangle to pass the test. These are, of course, available at the testing station at a cost of 30dhs I think.