British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Reds v Rags (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/reds-v-rags-561064/)

Shadya Sep 12th 2008 9:31 am

Reds v Rags

Not sure why but my hubby wants to watch the Liverpool - Man Utd game, which kicks off 3.45pm Saturday. Does anyone know if the usual pub venues will be showing the game if there are no drinks or food being served? Luckily, the other Big Game is being shown at 8.30pm so there will be no problems where the Sky blues are concerned.

Shadya Sep 12th 2008 1:32 pm

Re: Reds v Rags

Sometimes I wonder why I bother troubling you guys.:(

Cleopatra Sep 12th 2008 1:42 pm

hey, dont be like that. There are times when people who will know the answer just aren't on.

Why dont you give the pubs a ring hun, and find out that way.

I cant give you the answer as I'm in the UK and know bog all about the middle east.

let me do a search for you - I'm sure someone asked a smiliar question a while back. let me have a look.

Cleopatra Sep 12th 2008 1:46 pm

at quick glance it looks as though nothing is open but it might be an idea to read the whole thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=ramadam

Cleopatra Sep 12th 2008 1:48 pm

I'm sure someone will be able to give you an answer later.

nottmbantam Sep 12th 2008 1:55 pm

Which out of the Scousers and the Manx are the Reds and who are the Rags?

Shadya Sep 12th 2008 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Cleopatra (Post 6776379)
at quick glance it looks as though nothing is open but it might be an idea to read the whole thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=ramadam

Thanks for the effort but, having read all 86 posts, I am still none the wiser. Meanwhile, nobody is answering the phone at our local establishments, so will try later this evening. The reds are Liverpool FC and the Rags are Manure...its a Man City thing so my hubby tells me. Should be a cracking Saturday...if only it wasn't Ramadan and Waxys was walking distance. And yes Dean and company, I am a real woman.

Eva Sep 12th 2008 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6776664)
Thanks for the effort but, having read all 86 posts, I am still none the wiser. Meanwhile, nobody is answering the phone at our local establishments, so will try later this evening. The reds are Liverpool FC and the Rags are Manure...its a Man City thing so my hubby tells me. Should be a cracking Saturday...if only it wasn't Ramadan and Waxys was walking distance. And yes Dean and company, I am a real woman.

:blink:
Real PMT too maybe?

benzonar Sep 12th 2008 4:35 pm

The Bertie Magoos have used manure as an insult since Munich when they started copying West Brom who came up with this rather charming chant.

"Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Manure" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Just shows the level of intelligence of some fans.

The Dean Sep 12th 2008 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 6777003)
The Bertie Magoos have used manure as an insult since Munich when they started copying West Brom who came up with this rather charming chant.

"Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Manure" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Just shows the level of intelligence of some fans.

The tragedy of Duncan Edwards's premature death is not what he had already achieved - which for a 21-year-old was a hell of a lot - but what he might have achieved later............

.......... for example, he would only have been 29 in 1966 (and at his peak, more or less), and only 33 in 1970..... the mind boggles............

The Dean Sep 12th 2008 5:16 pm

And yes Dean and company, I am a real woman.

And what does THAT mean...???

Cleopatra Sep 12th 2008 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6776664)

bloody hell, you know how to make friends dont you.

BangleMan Sep 13th 2008 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 6775717)
Not sure why but my hubby wants to watch the Liverpool - Man Utd game, which kicks off 3.45pm Saturday. Does anyone know if the usual pub venues will be showing the game if there are no drinks or food being served? Luckily, the other Big Game is being shown at 8.30pm so there will be no problems where the Sky blues are concerned.

It wll be on in The Underground Bar, at the Hbtoor Grand Hotel in the Marina....its a Liverpool supporters club type of bar. Been there several times to watch games....

Inselaffen Sep 13th 2008 10:53 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6778880)
It wll be on in The Underground Bar, at the Hbtoor Grand Hotel in the Marina....its a Liverpool supporters club type of bar. Been there several times to watch games....

you sure they will be open during Ramadan?

BangleMan Sep 13th 2008 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6779427)
you sure they will be open during Ramadan?

yeah, i went the other night to watch the england game which wasnt on any channel as it happens, so watched the tennis there instead.........still your mob just lost so just as well you didnt go !!!