Recruitment folk

Old Mar 14th 2013, 6:33 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment folk

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I really like it

and he went to Durham so must be a good lad
From my experience in Riverside on student nights, I'd say the opposite.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Op said in "addition to a cv", and never re write a cv, get the ****er to do it themselves, if they cant, bye bye.

the rainbow stripe is akin to a geological timeline mate, hence cleverly related to the job.
http://essayweb.net/geology/timeline/images/ICS.gif

youre right about 99% but a well done and different cv is worth a second look, IF its related to the job and or witty in some way.
A million fancy fonts and colours or even including comic sans then NO

its quite common in the US now for certain jobs to require a different cv format, including video cv's, web pages etc
eg if you're going for a design job then an online cv/portfolio is a quick and easy tool to use to show an employer or recruiter your cv and skills.

if however your going for a field service engineers job and you send a video link then you can **** right off
Aye Scamp (ya Dick ) I actually meant as a sheet in addition to the standard CV format, and I know its wouldn't suit 99% of professions but in the Geology world it will probably stand you apart from the other ugly, bullied and socially inept candidates.

You have to remember the majority of Geology folk are geeks with corduroy jackets with leather elbow patches, they'd eat that shit up and come back for seconds! Obviously I'm no way like that, i'm a cooler more adventurous Geologist, like Steve Busemi AKA 'Rockhound' in Armadgeddon, Pierce Brosnan in Dantes Peak or the piece de la resistance Randy Marsh in Southpark!

As for getting back to work - pah, it's a Thursday and I'm on site and beer o'clock is getting closer so that aint gonna happen. Think I will go for a drive round the site tho, that should take up an hour or two!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
As for getting back to work - pah, it's a Thursday and I'm on site and beer o'clock is getting closer so that aint gonna happen. Think I will go for a drive round the site tho, that should take up an hour or two!
Yeah alright, still stupid.

Now, go dig a hole and tell me that at the bottom it's mud.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

No digging of holes here just big machines and explosives!

I do have a few holes on my other site tho, they're horizontal rather than vertical and one is/will be over 2.6km long. You'll thank me when you can get to Al Aqah in half the time!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
No digging of holes here just big machines and explosives!

I do have a few holes on my other site tho, they're horizontal rather than vertical and one is/will be over 2.6km long. You'll thank me when you can get to Al Aqah in half the time!
That's cool stuff. I love a bit of tunnelling.

I used to day dream, what would be one of the best job titles in Construction. 'Head of Drill and Blast' came second to only one thing cooler.......'Demolition Director' (I placed one of these too)
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

DOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the rough

How about this from an advetising exec? I would guess that the chocolate would get eaten, and the wrapper binned

http://www.happyplace.com/21503/real...-and-irritated
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I used to day dream, what would be one of the best job titles in Construction. 'Head of Drill and Blast' came second to only one thing cooler.......'Demolition Director' (I placed one of these too)
Ace!

Tunnelling is booming over here at the minute. We have 5 rock tunnels at various stages currently ongoing and a few more prospects coming up. They are all drill and blast. Unfortunately it isn't economically viable for TBM's for the majority of projects.

Demo Director does sound good. I have always had a penchant for demo and blowing stuff up. I'm kinda known for getting things blown up rather than avoiding, excavating or stabilising them. Is much more fun, cheaper and less risky in the long run.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:44 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

There is an art to digging holes and telling people what the mud is mate. That was my job for 5 years.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
There is an art to digging holes and telling people what the mud is mate. That was my job for 5 years.
Wet
Soft
Dry
Smelly

There....gimme job.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:58 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Wet
Soft
Dry
Smelly

There....gimme job.
Little more to it than that. You stick it in an oven and cook it then stick it through a sieve and a book tells you what it is. Simples.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Little more to it than that. You stick it in an oven and cook it then stick it through a sieve and a book tells you what it is. Simples.
And all too bloody often, it turns out to be clay.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:03 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by OleJanx
And all too bloody often, it turns out to be clay.
U1A and U1B. SHW 601 Earthworks. 15 years and I still have it
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:12 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

U1A and U1B. SHW 601 Earthworks. 15 years and I still have it
What?

Talking shit?
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

There is indeed an art. I am more versed in the visual examination on site rather than the lab rat variety.

Also, as a Geologist and not a Geotech Engineer, rock rather than mud is more my thing. And although you wouldn't know it the Hajar Mountains are pretty unique in terms of their geology. It's arguably one of, if not the best preserved ophiolites in the world! If anyone is interested it's known as the Semail Ophiolite of Semail Nappe.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

my favourite job title was from a Russian Telco we workdsed with. Vice President of Secrets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.