Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Recruitment Consultant BS

Recruitment Consultant BS

Old Sep 19th 2012, 7:00 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment Consultant BS

Originally Posted by Meow
I'm assuming this numpty is not based in the ME?
No, it was a UK based firm, from Liverpool. They all call themselves Head Hunters now. I did my best to stifle the guffaws when he was trying to tell me what a fantastic place Qatar is and how the world cup 2022 is going to be amazing...
Old Sep 19th 2012, 8:40 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
No, it was a UK based firm, from Liverpool. They all call themselves Head Hunters now. I did my best to stifle the guffaws when he was trying to tell me what a fantastic place Qatar is and how the world cup 2022 is going to be amazing...
Not based on the Wirral are they?
Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:18 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Not based on the Wirral are they?
No.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:56 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
(with apologies to the recruiters on here )

Just had a guy on the phone asking me if I was interested in moving to Doha, and he proceeded to tell me the following about Qatar:

"Everyone in the UAE, Dubai, AD is wanting to move to Qatar"

"It's the same as Dubai, same party atmosphere, shopping, entertainment; only difference is there are no prostitutes".

Er...OK, mate!
So the illegal sex is free there instead?

N.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future

thanks all woh missed me here ...

But expensive ladies are ok?
Cheap is a moral judgment. If someone says you look cheap, then they are saying you look like someone who doesn't have morals to them (or at least not the morals they value).

For your examples, someone would probably say that Woman A LOOKS cheap, but they would say that Woman B IS cheap. With woman A all you can judge is her looks, with B all you can judge is her actions. You can claim that nobody has the right to judge either, but the fact is that you are free to do as you please, but so are others free to make whatever judgements (opinions) about what you do.

Women judge each other more than men in this regard, so don't try to blame "society". Men generally only judge who they themselves would desire as a partner, but not so much as a judgement on what kind of person they have the right to be...just what kind of person they view them as in regards to a partner.

And, yes, I would personally view Woman A as less desirable and Woman B as more desirable as a partner....as long as Woman B is only going out with guys she has a real interest in, and not just dating/sleeping with every man that asks. Why? Because I don't want to deal with all the interest that woman A will attract (every horny guy in sight).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...2005558AAB7y97
Old Sep 19th 2012, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

maudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant futuremaudawia has a brilliant future

welcome back maudawia...where have you been you irreverant sausage?
i like spicy sausage and reverant
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

One of my Top Ten pet hates:

Pimps..... er, sorry, I mean recruitment consultants who 'cobble together' a CV from your Linked In profile........
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
One of my Top Ten pet hates:

Pimps..... er, sorry, I mean recruitment consultants who 'cobble together' a CV from your Linked In profile........
Tragic.

If you're not willing to give me your CV. You're not really willing to move. Next.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Tragic.

If you're not willing to give me your CV. You're not really willing to move. Next.
Sending an email shot for a job and banging your name at the top with a different type of font than the rest of the text .

Plus the old " If you know if anyone is interested in this position please pass it on"

Lazy chancers.....

Next
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:05 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago some chap rang me about a job he was recruiting for; (to be fair to the chap he must have been getting lied to by the company he was recruiting to) anyhow as I was on the phone to him I happened to drive past the project site in question.
The site was pretty much boarded up and closed, as he was giving me the old "fast track project, people needed immediately, good career opportunity etc."
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Scamps ex boss rang me a few months ago and tried to get me to take a position with a major contractor in A.D .

He proceeded to tell me that this company was owned by Sheik Mansour . "You know the geezer that owns Man City ya and it's gold plated"

When i pointed out that Man City had lost 250 million quid last season he said that didn't really matter as he was loaded !

He then wanted me to fly down to meet the firm at my expense because the firm wanted to see how much i wanted the fu**ing job . Must have been trying to get some of that money back he spent on Nasri and Tevez !

My client...Blah blah blah blah...

Amateurs...

Last edited by co durham boy; Sep 20th 2012 at 7:17 am.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:36 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Is this all Middle East BS or world wide? I might be in job hunting mode in US soon.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Scamps ex boss rang me a few months ago and tried to get me to take a position with a major contractor in A.D .

He proceeded to tell me that this company was owned by Sheik Mansour . "You know the geezer that owns Man City ya and it's gold plated"

When i pointed out that Man City had lost 250 million quid last season he said that didn't really matter as he was loaded !

He then wanted me to fly down to meet the firm at my expense because the firm wanted to see how much i wanted the fu**ing job . Must have been trying to get some of that money back he spent on Nasri and Tevez !

My client...Blah blah blah blah...

Amateurs...
Just got a text that the very same chap was on the phone to someone today. "yeah he's a good lad, was my top construction guy but got lazy so, you know, read between the lines"

Yes. I resigned because you're a lying ****.

Steer clear. Others in there are decent. Just avoid the main guy.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Just got a text that the very same chap was on the phone to someone today. "yeah he's a good lad, was my top construction guy but got lazy so, you know, read between the lines"

I've spoke to a few decent lads at your place who know the score . The said fella is a plutonium grade wanker .
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

His comments are defamatory. Once everything is sorted and you are free and clear, you should drop him an email pointing out that's an offence and he would be wise to refrain from making defamatory comments about you, unless he wants you to take action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.