Recruitment agencies

Old Jul 18th 2013, 3:10 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment agencies

Originally Posted by mentalist
Why would any competent employer want to fork out 30% of salary on a new recruit? Surely a simply search on-line would do the job. Recruitment agents and estate agents are both a wasteful luxury over here.
Because most people are idiots and or are too busy
Advertising here doesn't work very well anyone who has tried to hire staff via an advert here will tell you that they got hundreds if replies 99% of which weren't even in the same ballpark as the job the applied for.
Online searching as all well and good but how much time do you want to spend doing it?

Also it's a matter of investment, do you invest your time or your money in the search, which is more valuable to your business? If. It's time then use an outside supplier.

30% is the upper end for an executive search, would you spend that to hire a sales engineer no chance but to hire a regional director who could make your company millions then again it's a worthwhile investment.

Most multi nationals have preferred recruiters both at the bottom end and at the 30% end precisely because its easier , more cost effective and gets a better result than doing it themselves.

Don't get me wrong 90% of recruiters here or anywhere are pretty shit but if the industry as a whole didn't provide a function companies wanted and needed then they wouldn't exist.

Like most services you get what you pay for, pay 5% expect a bunch of rice farmers for your technical role, pay 30% get the best people from your competitors.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Why would any competent employer want to fork out 30% of salary on a new recruit? Surely a simply search on-line would do the job. Recruitment agents and estate agents are both a wasteful luxury over here.
Well... I work in a very specialized field and we are looking for someone very specific - namely an Arabic speaking Female with 10 years experience. We will not find that person in the local market and need to search in London or Paris.

The rest of the waifs, strays and gays that we employ tend to be found through advertising in the economist, on our website, or word of mouth (the best route). For one role in Dubai, I've have to sift through almost 600 CVs, and undertake about 15 telephone interviews to come up with one candidate who actually doesn't meet our female arabic speaking preference.

Frankly, I think an agent is a good deal (if they can deliver on what we want).
Old Jul 19th 2013, 11:09 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well... I work in a very specialized field and we are looking for someone very specific - namely an Arabic speaking Female with 10 years experience. We will not find that person in the local market and need to search in London or Paris.

The rest of the waifs, strays and gays that we employ tend to be found through advertising in the economist, on our website, or word of mouth (the best route). For one role in Dubai, I've have to sift through almost 600 CVs, and undertake about 15 telephone interviews to come up with one candidate who actually doesn't meet our female arabic speaking preference.

Frankly, I think an agent is a good deal (if they can deliver on what we want).
600 cv's

I take it you have now lost all hope for humanity
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
600 cv's

I take it you have now lost all hope for humanity
In fairness - I did 375, HR did 225 of them. Still, it wasn't a lot of fun.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:28 pm
**** it we'll do it live

In fairness - I did 375, HR did 225 of them. Still, it wasn't a lot of fun.
and your faith in mans future?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and your faith in mans future?
It's amazing, isn't it. We have come so far in the world with probably only about 10% of the population actually contributing. Just imagine what we could have achieved.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It's amazing, isn't it. We have come so far in the world with probably only about 10% of the population actually contributing. Just imagine what we could have achieved.
Someone has to pack the bags / fill the tank / collect the rubbish / suck the knobs of the 10%.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

We use a reputable agency relative to the field we are in (for western management). 35% of total annual package, however after the 6month probabation period. Probably a bit heavy, but they don't send us CVs from nuggets.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Brains1983
We use a reputable agency relative to the field we are in (for western management). 35% of total annual package, however after the 6month probabation period. Probably a bit heavy, but they don't send us CVs from nuggets.
**** me sideways.

People struggle to get 35% on a 3-stage basis for top level exec roles in Construction.

6 month probation is generous too. I hate working with anything above 3.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:27 am
**** it we'll do it live

Anyone else get a span pm from a dan something ****nuts?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

yup Dan Simon
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:36 am
Account Closed

Nope.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lol. I thought it was just me getting a message from Dan.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 10:41 am
Account Closed

I'm missing out.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

Brilliant example of why people think recruiters are idiots and a perfect example of how not to do business development.

But hey it's ok he can get me cheap pinoys !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.