British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Recruiting new members for the pubquiz... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/recruiting-new-members-pubquiz-562320/)

MataHari Sep 18th 2008 2:31 pm

Recruiting new members for the pubquiz...

well...this Monday Inse will be performing for the last time at the pubquiz...although I hate to say it...he will be missed...not for his nice personality per se, but he did answer a lot of questions...some of them wrong but still...
So....due to this and the fact that a few other members have turned into a bit of a liability, we are looking for a few fresh faces. There have been quite a number of newbies on BE lately and there must be some hidden talent around...
If you are interested, make yourself known...general knowledge, entertainment, sports and geography are the subjects by the way...and a bit of music knowlegde doesn't go amiss either...
It is all for fun, but we do want to win...
Quiz is held each Mondaynight at Aussie Legends bar, Rydges hotel, Satwa roundabout.

Madam Medusa Sep 18th 2008 2:34 pm

Re: Recruiting new members for the pubquiz...

not that we're desperate or anything, lmao...

MM, xx

MataHari Sep 18th 2008 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6796563)
not that we're desperate or anything, lmao...

MM, xx

oh...I thought we were...lol

BangleMan Sep 18th 2008 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6796548)
well...this Monday Inse will be performing for the last time at the pubquiz...although I hate to say it...he will be missed...not for his nice personality per se, but he did answer a lot of questions...some of them wrong but still...
So....due to this and the fact that a few other members have turned into a bit of a liability, we are looking for a few fresh faces. There have been quite a number of newbies on BE lately and there must be some hidden talent around...
If you are interested, make yourself known...general knowledge, entertainment, sports and geography are the subjects by the way...and a bit of music knowlegde doesn't go amiss either...
Quiz is held each Mondaynight at Aussie Legends bar, Rydges hotel, Satwa roundabout.

Spoken like a true captain !

MataHari Sep 18th 2008 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6796764)
Spoken like a true captain !

hello sailor...

BangleMan Sep 18th 2008 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6796786)
hello sailor...

Been a while since someone said that to me.....

scarletfan Sep 18th 2008 3:26 pm

And the vote for the new BE Events Organiser goes to our new El Capitano....MH herself.
Long may she reign :thumbsup:

MataHari Sep 18th 2008 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6796789)
Been a while since someone said that to me.....

you should go out more...

scarletfan Sep 18th 2008 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6796786)
hello sailor...

Be honest, you only said that because his avatar reminds you of a fisherman, fishing for mackeral

BangleMan Sep 18th 2008 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by scarletfan (Post 6796814)
Be honest, you only said that because his avatar reminds you of a fisherman, fishing for mackeral

Ha Ha .....not anymore !

BangleMan Sep 18th 2008 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6796797)
you should go out more...

Stop being suggestive !

BangleMan Sep 18th 2008 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6796548)

I drive from the Marina to Satwa, so if any newbie lives en route and wants a lift to entice them along, and so they dont have to go into the pub on their own, which can be a bit daunting, I would be happy to offer my services........for a small fee !

scarletfan Sep 18th 2008 3:37 pm

We live in Arabian Ranches and drive every week, so likewise, if anybody wants a lift no problem.

MataHari Sep 18th 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6796836)
I drive from the Marina to Satwa, so if any newbie lives en route and wants a lift to entice them along, and so they dont have to go into the pub on their own, which can be a bit daunting, I would be happy to offer my services........for a small fee !

that will put them off for sure...your small fee

scarletfan Sep 18th 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 6796836)

Shouldn't that be once a month, when you are not too tired! :D