British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Recovering a sofa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/recovering-sofa-808472/)

Millhouse Sep 7th 2013 10:36 am

Recovering a sofa

Hello... I need to recover a sofa... problem is I can't move it so ideally I would like someone to come and get it, recover it and return it (or do it at my home). any ideas?

Yes BB - a wipe clean covering would be preferable.

Cheers, M

Blue Cat Sep 7th 2013 10:39 am

Re: Recovering a sofa

I had mine done years ago at a place in Satwa, they came and took it away, company called Bride of Nomadism opposite Mashreq Bank in Satwa High Street

Millhouse Sep 7th 2013 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10890102)
I had mine done years ago at a place in Satwa, they came and took it away, company called Bride of Nomadism opposite Mashreq Bank in Satwa High Street

Super. Thanks BC -- Can you remember how much it cost? I assume it's worth it vs. buying new.

Bahtatboy Sep 7th 2013 11:18 am

Flange flange flange flange flange. (You've got to say it with the right rhythm.)

Blue Cat Sep 7th 2013 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10890118)
Super. Thanks BC -- Can you remember how much it cost? I assume it's worth it vs. buying new.

It was years ago, but it is cheaper than buying a new one for sure. All curtains shops will do it for you. There is a small place near the Chelsea Ramada that advertises upholstery as well.

mikewot Sep 7th 2013 11:42 am

Dragonmart. Lots of little men with vans who are only too keen to help you transport things as well.

flares Sep 7th 2013 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10890128)
Flange flange flange flange flange. (You've got to say it with the right rhythm.)

gone for Monty Python's 'spam spam spam spam'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Meow Sep 7th 2013 2:34 pm

I'm planning on getting some furniture recovered and will be using Senses Furnishings on Plant Street. You go to the store to pick out fabrics and agree approx costs, then they'll come and collect and return the items a week or so later looking lovely.

Boomhauer Sep 7th 2013 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10890096)
Hello... I need to recover a sofa... problem is I can't move it so ideally I would like someone to come and get it, recover it and return it (or do it at my home). any ideas?

Yes BB - a wipe clean covering would be preferable.

Cheers, M

From the thread title one will think you need to recover a sofa that has been taken from you ; I believe the correct term is reupholstered. :D

Bahtatboy Sep 7th 2013 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10890515)
From the thread title one will think you need to recover a sofa that has been taken from you ; I believe the correct term is reupholstered. :D

I read it first as Recovering On A Sofa. Thought it must be Scamp.

scrubbedexpat141 Sep 8th 2013 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10890521)
I read it first as Recovering On A Sofa. Thought it must be Scamp.

Oh boy did I recover on the sofa last night.

Heavy Friday night, a full day session yesterday of home furnishing shopping, new school clothes shopping and Waitrose.

I dominated the sofa after that.

Millhouse Sep 8th 2013 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 10890515)

You should be ashamed of yourself, go and hand your man badge in.

OriginalSunshine Sep 8th 2013 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10890942)
You should be ashamed of yourself, go and hand your man badge in.

you are barely better :p