British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Recommendations for Kiev, please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/recommendations-kiev-please-742159/)

Bahtatboy Dec 17th 2011 10:39 am

Recommendations for Kiev, please

Will have 1/2 a day and 1 night there. Looking for 20% culture, 80% good food/beer/nightlife.

:D

Eva Dec 17th 2011 11:46 pm

Re: Recommendations for Kiev, please

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9793794)
Will have 1/2 a day and 1 night there. Looking for 20% culture, 80% good food/beer/nightlife.

Chicken.........

co durham boy Dec 18th 2011 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9793794)

There's an O'Brien's Irish Bar there and also a Shooters which is mental . There's also some very very obscure dancing bars that shall we say have a lot more going on then dancing !

Couldn't tell you any more really i was only there for 2 nights and it was over 5 years ago .

Bahtatboy Dec 18th 2011 6:19 am

Thanks so far. Just done some research on bars/clubs:

Face control is practised at the doors of many upmarket Ukrainian/Russian nightclubs and is similar to dress code regulations enforced at many western clubs. The major difference is that potential patrons are judged by their attractiveness, as well as what they are wearing.

Well that's me ****ed then.

Millhouse Dec 18th 2011 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9794733)

Face control is practised at the doors of many upmarket Ukrainian/Russian nightclubs and is similar to dress code regulations enforced at many western clubs. The major difference is that potential patrons are judged by their attractiveness, as well as what they are wearing.

I think you will be fine... it says the upmarket nightclubs. Methinks that isn't where you will be going anyway...

The Dean Dec 19th 2011 1:59 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9794733)

"Face control"?? I love that expression.............

I tried to chat up a gorgeous woman recently, but sadly she was operating a "Penis Control" policy so I didn't get very far.......