British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Recession is Over !!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/recession-over-613150/)

neil_95051 Jun 5th 2009 4:33 pm

Recession is Over !!!!!!!!

I am declaring the recession is over. Oil already in $70s. I guess this is the right time to buy property in Dubai with price down by 50%. Job market may take a few more months to recover.

Shadya Jun 5th 2009 4:36 pm

Re: Recession is Over !!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by neil_95051 (Post 7637868)
I am declaring the recession is over. Oil already in $70s. I guess this is the right time to buy property in Dubai with price down by 50%. Job market may take a few more months to recover.

Most of us on here sincerely hope that your optimism is not misplaced...and your qualifications in economics are?

MrsHawkes Jun 5th 2009 4:39 pm

YAY!!! Some good news!:thumbsup:

Madam Medusa Jun 5th 2009 4:45 pm

things do seem to be looking up...even in my business, we're getting lots more people approaching us, and the signs are much more positive than, say, a couple of months ago...here's hoping so anyway...

MM, xx

MrsHawkes Jun 5th 2009 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7637905)
things do seem to be looking up...even in my business, we're getting lots more people approaching us, and the signs are much more positive than, say, a couple of months ago...here's hoping so anyway...

MM, xx

What do you do MM? If you don't mind me asking.

Did you find a receptionist?

Madam Medusa Jun 5th 2009 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7637942)
What do you do MM? If you don't mind me asking.

Did you find a receptionist?

work for a corporate communications company...yes we did, thanks, lol...

MM, xx

MrsHawkes Jun 5th 2009 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7637952)
work for a corporate communications company...yes we did, thanks, lol...

MM, xx

Good, good....

I went for a job interview the other day but not sure how i got on yet. He said he was interviewing a LOT of people.

:fingerscrossed:

Hello.Kitty Jun 5th 2009 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7637976)
Good, good....

I went for a job interview the other day but not sure how i got on yet. He said he was interviewing a LOT of people.

:fingerscrossed:

:thumbsup: Yay! :thumbsup:

Let's go spend some plastic!

MrsHawkes Jun 5th 2009 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty (Post 7638212)
:thumbsup: Yay! :thumbsup:

Let's go spend some plastic!

Not sure what you mean HK? I don't have any plastic to spend?!

I said "some good news" because the "recession" has been horrible for a LOT of people....... even for people that have no loans etc.

So whats your point?

neil_95051 Jun 5th 2009 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Shadya (Post 7637878)
Most of us on here sincerely hope that your optimism is not misplaced...and your qualifications in economics are?

My Qualifications in economics is next to zero and I don't believe in any economists any more. They were always wrong...always think rationally and make your own decision.

Big Kevin Jun 5th 2009 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by neil_95051 (Post 7638305)
My Qualifications in economics is next to zero and I don't believe in any economists any more. They were always wrong...always think rationally and make your own decision.

...educated at the university of life and school of hard knocks. Economists talk a loada pish anyway, like architects. There's not much as a substitute for empirical knowledge gained through bad digs and a hard paper round :)

commander Jun 6th 2009 6:09 am

Good shout Kev..

AnotherWorld Jun 6th 2009 6:28 am

Australia hasnt even entered into recession yet.

Shadya Jun 6th 2009 6:46 am

Lionheart says that our FTSE stock portfolio hit rock bottom in March and has risen over 20% since then with over a dozen mining/energy stocks up over 100%. As an example Jubilee Platinum worth 7p in March is now 55p. On that evidence, there are positive signs of the recession being over...but watch out for the "dead cat bounce" he says. Fingers crossed.

soukie Jun 6th 2009 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Big Kevin (Post 7638587)
...educated at the university of life and school of hard knocks. Economists talk a loada pish anyway, like architects. There's not much as a substitute for empirical knowledge gained through bad digs and a hard paper round :)

I thought you were an Architect!