Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Recession is Over !!!!!!!!

Recession is Over !!!!!!!!

Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

neil_95051 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recession is Over !!!!!!!!

I am declaring the recession is over. Oil already in $70s. I guess this is the right time to buy property in Dubai with price down by 50%. Job market may take a few more months to recover.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:36 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recession is Over !!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by neil_95051
I am declaring the recession is over. Oil already in $70s. I guess this is the right time to buy property in Dubai with price down by 50%. Job market may take a few more months to recover.
Most of us on here sincerely hope that your optimism is not misplaced...and your qualifications in economics are?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

YAY!!! Some good news!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

things do seem to be looking up...even in my business, we're getting lots more people approaching us, and the signs are much more positive than, say, a couple of months ago...here's hoping so anyway...

MM, xx
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
things do seem to be looking up...even in my business, we're getting lots more people approaching us, and the signs are much more positive than, say, a couple of months ago...here's hoping so anyway...

MM, xx
What do you do MM? If you don't mind me asking.

Did you find a receptionist?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
What do you do MM? If you don't mind me asking.

Did you find a receptionist?
work for a corporate communications company...yes we did, thanks, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
work for a corporate communications company...yes we did, thanks, lol...

MM, xx
Good, good....

I went for a job interview the other day but not sure how i got on yet. He said he was interviewing a LOT of people.

Old Jun 5th 2009, 6:56 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
Good, good....

I went for a job interview the other day but not sure how i got on yet. He said he was interviewing a LOT of people.

Yay!

Let's go spend some plastic!
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
Yay!

Let's go spend some plastic!
Not sure what you mean HK? I don't have any plastic to spend?!

I said "some good news" because the "recession" has been horrible for a LOT of people....... even for people that have no loans etc.

So whats your point?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

neil_95051 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shadya
Most of us on here sincerely hope that your optimism is not misplaced...and your qualifications in economics are?
My Qualifications in economics is next to zero and I don't believe in any economists any more. They were always wrong...always think rationally and make your own decision.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Big Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud ofBig Kevin has much to be proud of

My Qualifications in economics is next to zero and I don't believe in any economists any more. They were always wrong...always think rationally and make your own decision.
...educated at the university of life and school of hard knocks. Economists talk a loada pish anyway, like architects. There's not much as a substitute for empirical knowledge gained through bad digs and a hard paper round
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:09 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Good shout Kev..
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Australia hasnt even entered into recession yet.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:46 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Lionheart says that our FTSE stock portfolio hit rock bottom in March and has risen over 20% since then with over a dozen mining/energy stocks up over 100%. As an example Jubilee Platinum worth 7p in March is now 55p. On that evidence, there are positive signs of the recession being over...but watch out for the "dead cat bounce" he says. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Kevin
...educated at the university of life and school of hard knocks. Economists talk a loada pish anyway, like architects. There's not much as a substitute for empirical knowledge gained through bad digs and a hard paper round
I thought you were an Architect!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.