The 'Real' IRA

Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:28 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 'Real' IRA

So 2 shooting in not so many days, is this going to start getting out of hand, will this damage the peace process or is it just a few individuals on some crusade?

Bison
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:39 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Real' IRA

If we can't jump to conclusions about Muslims why are you allowed to jump to conclusions about the second being "real" IRA work?

Seriously though...I hope they nip this in the bud. I'd hate to see Northern Ireland return to violence and away from a self governing independence .
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison View Post
So 2 shooting in not so many days, is this going to start getting out of hand, will this damage the peace process or is it just a few individuals on some crusade?

Bison
It's certainly bad news all round mate, this is the last thing anybody needs.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:45 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
It's certainly bad news all round mate, this is the last thing anybody needs.
espacially those that were vittled
Old Mar 10th 2009, 5:49 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't jumping to conclusions, it's reported on Sky News that the 'Real' IRA carried out Saturdays shootings, so far no one has claimed responsibility for last nights shooting of a policeman, but there's a good chance they are linked.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:32 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hope the violence won't return - people all over are tired of it and want to see a peaceful solution to the troubles.

But there's lots of idiots on both sides to will probably spoil it for the majority. I do think the UK needs to do more to encourage peace - maybe give up parts of the North that want to be part of the ROI as a gesture and focus on disarming the Loyalists as well as the Unionist terror groups.

N.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
Let's hope the violence won't return - people all over are tired of it and want to see a peaceful solution to the troubles.

But there's lots of idiots on both sides to will probably spoil it for the majority. I do think the UK needs to do more to encourage peace - maybe give up parts of the North that want to be part of the ROI as a gesture and focus on disarming the Loyalists as well as the Unionist terror groups.

N.
I fear this has still got another generation to go before time starts to heal..
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody should want "the troubles" to return.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 4:25 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon View Post
I fear this has still got another generation to go before time starts to heal..
Am not sure it will never truly heal as long as the UK occupies a land they are not really welcome in...but I hope returning to violence can be avoided.

N.

Last edited by Norm_uk; Mar 10th 2009 at 4:46 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk View Post
Am not sure it will never truly heal as long as the UK occupies a land they are not really welcome in...but I hope returning to violence can be avoided.

N.
as previously posted. the majority of people in that land would not agree
Old Mar 11th 2009, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

The police shooting was the work of the 'Continuity' IRA ...
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:21 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

"Traitors to the island of Ireland, and traitors to the political process".....strong words indeed from Martin McGuinness !

Hardline republicans think McGuiness is the traitor and he and Sinn Fein have sold out and have gone so far away from traditional republicism that they dont recognise him or Sinn Fein anmore

And to think the community will shop the people involved is unlikely, as the fear would be if these people think nothing of murdering two unarrmed soldiers, they would think nothing of killing any 'grass' !

Its such a shame, as Northern Ireland, like the rest of Ireland is such a beautiful part of the world, and where 99.9% of the people dont want the troubles to return

The teenagers there have known nothing but peace and the recent events must make them understand some of what their parents went through for years. When my son goes there to play football for N.Ireland Under 16's half a dozen times a year, he loves the place and the friendliness of his team mates and coaches / staff, despite the fact he is English (but has Irish grandparents) and cant beleive the troubles ever happened.

When I was in Belfast several times last year, I spoke to many people and they all had the same comment when I asked them what it was like there during the troubles,..... "all those people killed / murdered, both British and Irish, just what was it all for ? Everyone just wants to live in peace and get on with their lives"

I just hope this situation doesnt escalate and that these idiots are allowed to ruin a new generations future