Re-Registering my car

Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:49 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-Registering my car

Originally Posted by mentalist
Nope, never had a fire extinguisher and it passed this week in Dubai. They did tell me a red warning triangle (which you can buy at the test centre) is necessary, but I had one from being told last year.
Triangle is a requirement from 2010 http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/tr...icles-1.505934
For extinguishers they have a dream, but no plan: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...=nationgeneral
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
www.insureme.ae

3.5l engine, no?
Thanks, useful link.

Nah, 4.0. They're all 4's apart from some top end (might only be US) are 4.6 I think...

If it was 3.5 I don't think it would move. I love my car because it's massive and I've always wanted a big 4x4 but it is pretty crappy inside and if I go round a junction corner (the big long looping ones) above 50kmh then I might fall over.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Why pay 200dhs when the entire process only took me 45 minutes earlier this week?
I earn much more than that an hour. For me it is worth paying somebody else to go and do it for me.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Triangle is a requirement from 2010 http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/tr...icles-1.505934
For extinguishers they have a dream, but no plan: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-artic...=nationgeneral
Ah, maybe its different in Sharjah then which is where I get mine done as I am on Sharjah plates as my old visa was Sharjah. I thought they were all the same. Sharjah is no to a triangle but yes to an extinguisher. Maybe just get one of each and be done with it.

As I say tho, generally its in the lap of the gods. I used to have 3 vehicles and so was a permanent fixture at the test centre and they could never be accused as being consistent!

As for where your traffic file is, that doesn't matter. With a letter you can re-register your car in any of the other Emirates. Currently mine goes to Sharjah (where my file is) even though my visa is AD.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 4:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Just done it, needs a test as I'm not the owner from new and it's more than 2.5yrs old.

Thanks though.
I did mine last week, was furious as I am the owner from new and they made do the test. Their answer? the computer says you aren't!!
Old Feb 7th 2013, 6:43 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Me again.

Just had some chaps come and collect my car and take it for re-registering.

They've returned and it has failed becuse the tyres have cracks in.

Given that I'm away this weekend, I can't see me getting to a tyre shop (I also would rather wait until next pay day to shell out for tyres...insurance and shit has not been cheap this month).

The guy told me that with the fail cert saying 30 days to do repairs means the car is still legal even though after the 8th it's out of it's registration.

Is this true?

Will I have any issues driving to Hatta and through the checkpoints with a technically un-registered car?

I assume the insurance runs for 13 months to give you a month's grace to re-reg the motor?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 6:52 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Me again.

Given that I'm away this weekend, I can't see me getting to a tyre shop (I also would rather wait until next pay day to shell out for tyres...insurance and shit has not been cheap this month).

The guy told me that with the fail cert saying 30 days to do repairs means the car is still legal even though after the 8th it's out of it's registration.

Is this true?

Will I have any issues driving to Hatta and through the checkpoints with a technically un-registered car?

I assume the insurance runs for 13 months to give you a month's grace to re-reg the motor?

Thanks in advance.
true, yes, have issues, who the **** knows its the uae mate they make it up as they go along. i'd go for it and just wing it
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:01 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Me again.

Is this true?

Thanks in advance.
You've got a month's grace after the registration expires anyway (unless you're already into that month). I have entered Oman proper (steady, that was an "o") in the same situation and had no issue about two years ago. As Shiva says they make it up as they go along sometimes but the checks you go through en route to Hatta are purely UAE, not Oman so they don't care about the vehicle only the peoples' documents (plus they are federal soldiers not Dubai immigration so are probably happy that you are shafting the RTA).
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I have entered Oman proper (steady, that was an "o")
Hahahaaa darling..that reminds me of my birthday party when I lived in Ibiza...

1 of my girlfriends turned up with this lovely, sexy, young man...she brought him to me and said.."This is Aman"....I said.."ofcourse he is darling..and a very lovely 1 too"..."No..I mean...this is my friend, his name is Aman"
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:15 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Hahahaaa darling..that reminds me of my birthday party when I lived in Ibiza...

1 of my girlfriends turned up with this lovely, sexy, young man...she brought him to me and said.."This is Aman"....I said.."ofcourse he is darling..and a very lovely 1 too"..."No..I mean...this is my friend, his name is Aman"
Was he your birthday gift? Did you get to unwrap him? OK, best to stop now...
Old Feb 7th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Was he your birthday gift? Did you get to unwrap him? OK, best to stop now...
He stayed for the weekend....
Old Feb 7th 2013, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

You've got a month's grace after the registration expires anyway (unless you're already into that month). I have entered Oman proper (steady, that was an "o") in the same situation and had no issue about two years ago. As Shiva says they make it up as they go along sometimes but the checks you go through en route to Hatta are purely UAE, not Oman so they don't care about the vehicle only the peoples' documents (plus they are federal soldiers not Dubai immigration so are probably happy that you are shafting the RTA).
Thanks!

Reg ends 8th so a month and day or two away.