Re-Registering my car

Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Re-Registering my car

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Lol ..no darling even mere mortals can use the service. I am getting my car done this month.
Are this Tasjeel bunch the same as doing it online and arranging for pick up / delivery?
Old Jan 20th 2013, 6:46 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Morning all,

Do I just drive into a test centre and point at my motor with a smile or what's the process?

Also, any ideas on the cost?

TIA
Call your insurance company and get them to do it. RSA and Axa offer it as free service if you are fully comp (they just dont publish the fact the service is available). They collect the car, get it all done and bring it back. All you pay are the actual reg fee's + any fines. There is no "service" fee....
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, just spoke to Axa.

3358 with Agency repairs
2521 without.

Skint at the moment, but cant help thing Agency repairs are worth it?
Negotiate with them. Just ask for discount and then say (2 or 3 times) that the price they are offering is too high. Each time they will come back with a lower price. A few of my mates do this every time and have got it down 10-15% from their initial quote.

Also, it may be worth a trip to the Axa office by Wafi. There used to be a nice Brit working in there who would get you all the discounts.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Darling, use the tajeel agent and he will get an insurance at the test centre. they charge about 200dhs to do it for you.
Why pay 200dhs when the entire process only took me 45 minutes earlier this week? Make sure you have the statutory warning triangle in the boot of the car. It also pays to give it a wash the day before. My 8yo Jeep Cherokee sailed through at the place behind Al Wasl Hospital. The only snag was I had to pay 990dhs in speeding fines which my boss (the Jeep owner) clocked up in his Porsche. He will be paying me back though. (My insurance with AXA cost 575dhs but only Third Party cover).
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Why pay 200dhs when the entire process only took me 45 minutes earlier this week? Make sure you have the statutory warning triangle in the boot of the car. It also pays to give it a wash the day before. My 8yo Jeep Cherokee sailed through at the place behind Al Wasl Hospital. The only snag was I had to pay 990dhs in speeding fines which my boss (the Jeep owner) clocked up in his Porsche. He will be paying me back though. (My insurance with AXA cost 575dhs but only Third Party cover).
Unless it is a new requirement you don't need a warning triangle (I have never had one). You do need a fire extinguisher tho.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Call your insurance company and get them to do it. RSA and Axa offer it as free service if you are fully comp (they just dont publish the fact the service is available). They collect the car, get it all done and bring it back. All you pay are the actual reg fee's + any fines. There is no "service" fee....
Originally Posted by jam25mack
Negotiate with them. Just ask for discount and then say (2 or 3 times) that the price they are offering is too high. Each time they will come back with a lower price. A few of my mates do this every time and have got it down 10-15% from their initial quote.

Also, it may be worth a trip to the Axa office by Wafi. There used to be a nice Brit working in there who would get you all the discounts.
Thanks folks.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Unless it is a new requirement you don't need a warning triangle (I have never had one). You do need a fire extinguisher tho.
Nope, never had a fire extinguisher and it passed this week in Dubai. They did tell me a red warning triangle (which you can buy at the test centre) is necessary, but I had one from being told last year.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 8:52 am
Account Closed

I'm just assuming that my car has this shit as it's only 2.5/3yrs old.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:03 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just assuming that my car has this shit as it's only 2.5/3yrs old.
Enter the plate number into the online site and it will tell you whether you need to go for a test anyway; sounds like you won't.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Enter the plate number into the online site and it will tell you whether you need to go for a test anyway; sounds like you won't.
Just done it, needs a test as I'm not the owner from new and it's more than 2.5yrs old.

Thanks though.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

As said upthread, RSA will do the re-test for free and you just pay the fees - around AED 450.00 I think. Ask RSA and they give you a number to call - it's AAA, I think, that actually take the vehicle and do the test and re-reg for you.

Otherwise, go the Barsha test centre at 0730 and you will be done and out inside 45 mins; if you go in the late afternoon it can take 2-3 hours.

You need to have the car insured for 6 months plus, pay any fines and have the reg card.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that:

1) You need to have two triangles for Dubai. One in AD.
2) You need a fire extinguisher for a 4x4

Certainly, rule 2 isn't always enforced as one of my cars does not have a fire extinguisher. The other car has two to make up for that fact.

I'm not sure about rule 1 - our cars have the triangles. You can also re-register an AD plate car in Dubai... although I assume the two-triangle rule would apply.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Purdey
As said upthread, RSA will do the re-test for free and you just pay the fees - around AED 450.00 I think. Ask RSA and they give you a number to call - it's AAA, I think, that actually take the vehicle and do the test and re-reg for you.

Otherwise, go the Barsha test centre at 0730 and you will be done and out inside 45 mins; if you go in the late afternoon it can take 2-3 hours.

You need to have the car insured for 6 months plus, pay any fines and have the reg card.
Thanks pal.

I'm going to have a ring around tonight of insurers and see who will do it for me.

I've got the renewal quote from AXA (current insurers) and it's not horrific (despite being a 24yo bloke, 80,000 value car when bought a year ago, 4.0l V6, I look a bit special too) at 3500 with agency repairs.

2,800 in fines to pay, wish I'd done them when I got them lesson learned.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:45 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welivehere
For AXA call 8004845 select option 2 then 2. then break down recovery.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks pal.

I'm going to have a ring around tonight of insurers and see who will do it for me.

I've got the renewal quote from AXA (current insurers) and it's not horrific (despite being a 24yo bloke, 80,000 value car when bought a year ago, 4.0l V6, I look a bit special too) at 3500 with agency repairs.

2,800 in fines to pay, wish I'd done them when I got them lesson learned.
www.insureme.ae

3.5l engine, no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.