Ravis Rocks!

Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:31 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ravis Rocks!

Since we're recommending cheap and cheerful then another is danials in the twin towers by the creek. Cheap as chips Iranian buffet with a fantastic view of the creek. Also has to be one of the most mixed crowds of any place in town.
They have a place in the mazira center as well that does the best Iranian bread fresh baked for each cover.
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Since we're recommending cheap and cheerful then another is danials in the twin towers by the creek. Cheap as chips Iranian buffet with a fantastic view of the creek. Also has to be one of the most mixed crowds of any place in town. They have a place in the mazira center as well that does the best Iranian bread fresh baked for each cover.
Just checked out their website. It may be worth visiting at the weekend depending on how much they charge for the buffet and whether kids are half price. http://www.danialrestaurant.com/Default.aspx?lang=en
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

A place to avoid = Xiao Wei Yang. They do those Chinese hotpots but it's utterly vile with cheap, nasty meats and fishballs.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree a little! Whilst not a hotpot fan my wife is, so we go there from time to time. I usually have mainly kebabs and things I think they call pies. This is basically a mixture somewhere between pastry and bread stuffed with lamb and either fried or hot plated. Sadly I cannot remember if there is an English menu for these!

By the way they have just opened a branch in Dubai Marina and it appears to be doing well with expats!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 11:47 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith

I have to disagree a little! Whilst not a hotpot fan my wife is, so we go there from time to time. I usually have mainly kebabs and things I think they call pies. This is basically a mixture somewhere between pastry and bread stuffed with lamb and either fried or hot plated. Sadly I cannot remember if there is an English menu for these!

By the way they have just opened a branch in Dubai Marina and it appears to be doing well with expats!
We tried the 'pies' too and they were a bit weird in my view. The men in our party ate them, but I found them rather flabby (the pies, not the men!). I am sure a decent hotpot would be good (which is why we tried it), but this was hot washing up water with chillis in it! They do have a sort of English menu.

There's a Chinese place by the big flagpole in Satwa that has a variety of interesting and authentic dishes. The lamb bao are decent and prices are reasonable. Service can be a bit random and they are good at forgetting dishes and panicking in the kitchen.

Last edited by Meow; Apr 30th 2013 at 12:17 pm. Reason: usual crap typing
Old Apr 30th 2013, 12:15 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Just checked out their website. It may be worth visiting at the weekend depending on how much they charge for the buffet and whether kids are half price. http://www.danialrestaurant.com/Default.aspx?lang=en
If its too expensive you really are a cheap bastard
Old Apr 30th 2013, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Meow
There's a Chinese place by the big flagpole in Satwa that has a variety of interesting and authentic dishes. The lamb bao are decent and prices are reasonable. Service can be a bit random and they are good at forgetting dishes and panicking in the kitchen.
There's a decent Pakistani restaurant next to that Chinese also - Bar.B.Q. Tonight (which is a well known place in Karachi) - I have eaten the buffet there a few times which is very good although I think Ravis beats them (and is cheaper too).
Old Apr 30th 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Any branch of the Kharachi Dharbar (but esp one in Rashidiya and Karama) are great for Pakistani food.

Also Chicken Tikka Inn (Jumeirah Beach Rd near to Johnny Rockets / Satwa) do a great Chicken Kharahi and their mutton tikka is
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

There's a Chinese place by the big flagpole in Satwa that has a variety of interesting and authentic dishes. The lamb bao are decent and prices are reasonable. Service can be a bit random and they are good at forgetting dishes and panicking in the kitchen.[/QUOTE]

Yes we have been there a few times also. As you say some interesting items. Fortunately my wife keeps the staff on their toes!!
Old Apr 30th 2013, 6:43 pm
...---...

Fossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond reputeFossildog has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 1st 2013, 8:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Coincidentally I received an email from one of the group buying companies last night which includes one for a decent discount at Istanbul Flower in Healthcare City. Pay AED 70 to cover a bill of AED 160.

Link in case anyone is interested. http://makhsoom.com/ae/deals/turkish...m_medium=email
Old May 1st 2013, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough

Since we're recommending cheap and cheerful then another is danials in the twin towers by the creek. Cheap as chips Iranian buffet with a fantastic view of the creek. Also has to be one of the most mixed crowds of any place in town.
They have a place in the mazira center as well that does the best Iranian bread fresh baked for each cover.
Good recommendation shiva, tried the Mazaya Centre Danial this evening and can only thank god that it's far enough away from me or I would be fat as a fool in no time. Great buffet with a huge variety of dishes, 60 AED for adults and 25 for kids.
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:12 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

China Sea, next to Clock Tower Roundabout in Deira - ask them for a "special tea" too, chinese beer in a tea-pot.
Old May 2nd 2013, 4:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Find of the week is Bait Al Bahar, right next door to DOSC in Jumeirah, three story building with three different concept restaurants on each floor. Stunning views from the roof deck. No booze licence, prices are brilliant, still on soft opening so bare with them for the next couple of weeks. Fish n Chips 50 dhs.

if you are in JLT check out Tantuni, very nice
Old May 2nd 2013, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

If its too expensive you really are a cheap bastard
Piss off. How I spend my money is my business not yours. Anyway, Dhs60 for adults and Dhs25 for kids meets with the Mentalist seal of approval. Oh, Blue Cat, what is DOSC?
Old May 2nd 2013, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Mogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to allMogs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mentalist
what is DOSC?
Dubai Offshore Sailing Club

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.