The rat race...

Old Mar 14th 2010, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default The rat race...

Food for thought.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...0632032&pnum=0
Old Mar 15th 2010, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The rat race...

I can remember a survey a few years ago and how people rated their happiness, I think the UK was pretty far down the list whereas the Philipines was one of the happiest. It comes down to whats important at the end of the day and money has little to do with it,if you have your health and people you love around you you could live in a caravan and be happy. It is the little things in life that are important not your bank balance.

I think in the UK people are to concerned with what they don't have whereas it should be all about what you do have!

Kittycat x
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:21 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1

I think in the UK people are to concerned with what they don't have whereas it should be all about what you do have!

Kittycat x
Living in the UAE I don't think we should limit that comment to UK people! UAE in general and Dubai in particular must be pretty much the most avaricious place on Earth. But basically I agree, with all nationalities tending to focus on what they haven't rather than what they have. Or is there an East/West divide, with the West exhibiting a far greater emphasis on materialism, and the East still with a strong spiritual side? Maybe that's why there's so much tension in the Middle East--the West pulling one way and the East the other, and we're sitting in the middle.

End each day with a count of your blessings, and sleep well (unless the A/Cs keep you awake...)
Old Mar 15th 2010, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I sleep like a baby every night- could sleep through world war 3- clear conscience as my wise granny says!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

nolimits is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is getting slightly better in UK. With the recession things have not come as easliy to some people as they did before, and now they are becoming grateful for what they do have. Something good therefore will possibly come out of the recession. My dad use to say to me I felt down and miserable because I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet.