British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   RANT!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rant-680412/)

kittycat1 Aug 9th 2010 3:19 pm

RANT!!

F***?!*?**!?*!**!*!*

Grrrr!!!

OH My God!! Have just had a massive row with my security guard and quite tempted to go beat him up! Having just been thrown out of my gym for having a personal trainer and being told by my letting agent that they no longer deal with my landlord so they can't help- I am fuming!!

My security guard was also withholding my renewal letter as I wasn't collecting it in office hours- after going off at him for about 15 minutes he finally opened a drawer and gave it to me- I mean WTF!!! seriously on a power trip. So I told him its his fault that I won't be renewing, what a **!?****!**!*!**

So It looks as if I'm moving!

Any tips for moving- how long does it take to change Du over? removal companies?

Also the time I've been here I haven't had a DEWA bill, if I just move out without cutting it off will they chase me or will I have problems getting switched on somewhere else?

gggrrrrowl!

kittycat

Millhouse Aug 9th 2010 3:37 pm

Re: RANT!!

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8763834)
F***?!*?**!?*!**!*!*

Grrrr!!!

OH My God!! Have just had a massive row with my security guard and quite tempted to go beat him up! Having just been thrown out of my gym for having a personal trainer and being told by my letting agent that they no longer deal with my landlord so they can't help- I am fuming!!

My security guard was also withholding my renewal letter as I wasn't collecting it in office hours- after going off at him for about 15 minutes he finally opened a drawer and gave it to me- I mean WTF!!! seriously on a power trip. So I told him its his fault that I won't be renewing, what a **!?****!**!*!**

So It looks as if I'm moving!

Any tips for moving- how long does it take to change Du over? removal companies?

Also the time I've been here I haven't had a DEWA bill, if I just move out without cutting it off will they chase me or will I have problems getting switched on somewhere else?

gggrrrrowl!

kittycat

If it's like this building, you cannot leave your flat until you present a ADWEA (DEWA of the south) final clearance letter to say all bills are paid. I'm not sure the security guard will even allow the removal people in. nuts I know.

You are in TECOM right? Isn't that EMCOOL for cooling?

lionheart Aug 10th 2010 5:30 am

Why do you have to use a personal trainer? Bite the bullet and do without. It seems a rather trivial complaint when compared to the umpteen others you may encounter at new premises (dodgy a/c's, noisy neighbours, power outages etc.). Nothing is ever perfick over here.

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 5:49 am

I know it may seem stupid to some, but I've never been able to afford a personal trainer before and i have quite a lot of weight to loose and he is really helping, he's very very good and I have a good relationship with him. I'm not interested in going out to plush bars that I couldn't afford at home but this is my luxury, this makes staying here ok. The fact that the security guard is being such an arse over it makes it more annoying! I know what you mean as in it seems trivial, and compared to broken air con etc I may be shooting myself in the foot in some ways , but this is important to me however daft it may sund to someone else!

Welivehere Aug 10th 2010 6:02 am

Kitty - Can't you just ignore the security guard? I don't see how he can actually make you leave the gym ? What is he going to do if you refuse?

Can you not just get contact details for the actual landlord and speak to them directly?

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 6:14 am

I've been ignoring him for the last month, but last night he wouldn't let my trainer in and then followed him up and really wasn't giving up!

I've spoken with my letting agent who had previously said it was fine and they had oked it with the landlord, but they are now telling me they are no longer dealing with the landlord as he has been incredibly difficult. I am their only tenant left in the building and they are no longer communicating with the landlord at all. So I have contacted the landlord today.

They have also put my rent up which is another reason for moving out so the gym thing is the icing on the cake really. :(

Millhouse Aug 10th 2010 6:19 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8765571)
I've been ignoring him for the last month, but last night he wouldn't let my trainer in and then followed him up and really wasn't giving up!

I've spoken with my letting agent who had previously said it was fine and they had oked it with the landlord, but they are now telling me they are no longer dealing with the landlord as he has been incredibly difficult. I am their only tenant left in the building and they are no longer communicating with the landlord at all. So I have contacted the landlord today.

They have also put my rent up which is another reason for moving out so the gym thing is the icing on the cake really. :(

put the rent up?!

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 6:21 am

yep 2k increase- and the building is only about a 3rd full.... seems the landlord wants an empty building!

Millhouse Aug 10th 2010 6:23 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8765587)
yep 2k increase- and the building is only about a 3rd full.... seems the landlord wants an empty building!

saves them cooling the common areas I guess. That's nuts.

do remember though that it'll cost you more than 2k to move...

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 6:33 am

well I have said to them before I review the rent i want to know if the gym issue is going to be dealt with and if they change their policy I'll review it, If they aren't changing the policy then I won't even bother trying to get a reduction.

I met a guy at the pool at the weekend and grilled him about his lease agreement and he has the same apartment as me just 10 floors up, and he has negotiated the same rent but with 2 freee months.

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 7:20 am

Have just had a reply from my landlord and they have no objection to a personal trainer as long as he signs in.. I am printing this off and am going to shove it up my security guards arse!!! grrrr!

So now back to negotiating my rent!:fingerscrossed:

Ethos83 Aug 10th 2010 7:22 am

What building are you in?

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8765655)
Have just had a reply from my landlord and they have no objection to a personal trainer as long as he signs in.. I am printing this off and am going to shove it up my security guards arse!!! grrrr!

So now back to negotiating my rent!:fingerscrossed:

flares Aug 10th 2010 7:27 am

Aren't PTs usually double-hard martial arts bods?

Get him to give the security guard some. Problemo fixed-o :thumbup:

Millhouse Aug 10th 2010 7:33 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8765668)
Aren't PTs usually double-hard martial arts bods?

Get him to give the security guard some. Problemo fixed-o :thumbup:

you are confusing that with PMT

kittycat1 Aug 10th 2010 7:42 am

I'm in the Carrefour building in Tecom- nice building but the security guards a ***********************