Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Ramadan to start on 11th August

Ramadan to start on 11th August

Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan to start on 11th August

Originally Posted by weescot
There is a law (number 12 I think) that states working hours should be cut by 2 hours during ramadan.
I wonder how that fits in with the fact that most people in my office only do 2 hours work a day.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:45 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Libya continues to surprise me. My colleague tells me that they don't have a problem with non-Muslims eating and drinking during the day, as long as we don't do it right in their faces. I remember the dire warnings of how we had to avoid being seen even drinking water in the car in Dubai.

I'm leaving here on the 11th anyway.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:47 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

its supposed to be a test of religious faith, to endure hardship and bring you closer to god so of course what that means to muslims nowadays is to basically take a month of.
<snipped>

Last edited by Rete; Aug 9th 2010 at 12:45 pm. Reason: Nice attitude. Actually an attitude not well tolerated on BE.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 12:05 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiva
its supposed to be a test of religious faith, to endure hardship and bring you closer to god so of course what that means to muslims nowadays is to basically take a month of.

<quote deleted>
Surely its a reward for the 11 months of hard knacker they have endured?

Last edited by Rete; Aug 9th 2010 at 12:46 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:30 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
I'm leaving here on the 11th anyway.
im outta here on the 13th also..phew timed that well!!
Old Aug 8th 2010, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
im outta here on the 13th also..phew timed that well!!
me too!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

aPerfectCircle is an unknown quantity at this point

<quote deleted>.
They r nothing but a whole bunch of hypocrites I'm with u on that one, but if u hate someone that much and can't wait for them all to die. why do u work for them and why do u live on their soil ?

And what exactly have they done to u to wish them dead

Last edited by Rete; Aug 9th 2010 at 12:46 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:48 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle
They r nothing but a whole bunch of hypocrites I'm with u on that one, but if u hate someone that much and can't wait for them all to die. why do u work for them and why do u live on their soil ?

And what exactly have they done to u to wish them dead

i think perhaps that you took me too litteraly, it was a turn of phrase not a wish despite how i feel at times.
as ever in the interest of fairness i also cant wait for all christians to die and for god to bitch slap them all with most of the ten commandments that get ignored
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:49 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Ramadan to start on 11th August

Originally Posted by Meow
From that article Meow posted:

"Muslims abstain from...sexual activities from sunrise until sunset during their most sacred month..."
Just how much sex are they getting that abstaining during daylight hours constitutes some form of hardship? I clearly picked the wrong corner in this religion thing .
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

i think perhaps that you took me too litteraly, it was a turn of phrase not a wish despite how i feel at times.
as ever in the interest of fairness i also cant wait for all christians to die and for god to bitch slap them all with most of the ten commandments that get ignored
Amen to that.....
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

cheers mate....
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

You should come and see how things workout here in cairo in ramadan, eventually u will wish urself dead instead of everyone else because its much easier.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:07 pm
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by aPerfectCircle
You should come and see how things workout here in cairo in ramadan, eventually u will wish urself dead instead of everyone else because its much easier.

err no thanks have enough issues working with egypt as it is without visiting in person. holiday would be different though
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:08 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Just how much sex are they getting that abstaining during daylight hours constitutes some form of hardship? I clearly picked the wrong corner in this religion thing .
It includes thinking about it as well, does it not?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:22 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
It includes thinking about it as well, does it not?
You can’t, if you catch yourself thinking about sex and try to stop yourself you’ll still be thinking about the sex your trying not to think about (If you see what I mean).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.