Ramadan Kareem !

Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan Kareem !

Redshark reminds me of that commentator on Saudi English language TV. I cannot rememebr his name but he is billed as "Professor of Astrophysics and Islamic Sciences"

A prize for the poster who comes up with his name !
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Redshark reminds me of that commentator on Saudi English language TV. I cannot rememebr his name but he is billed as "Professor of Astrophysics and Islamic Sciences"

A prize for the poster who comes up with his name !
Sheik Abdul Majid Zendani ?
Old Apr 21st 2013, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow ! A real Whizzbang ! No the guy on Saudi Channel 2 LOOKED sane.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikewot
OK, except that humans, and all animals, are not created of energy but flesh and that flesh will die if it doesn't receive 'energy' in the form of food. Once dead the body decays.
I do fully understand the concept you describe but it's not applicable to animals. Also it misses the point I was asking, who/what says that the place you describe post death is as you describe?

What does it matter how/where it is? The implication of its existence is what really matters
Anyhow, like I said, this is how I see ultimate justice implemented, but if you have another explanation, I would be interested to know it
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 3:29 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

For me there is no implication of anything after death. You die, the end.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
For me there is no implication of anything after death. You die, the end.

Agreed. There is no evidence to the contrary and no logic in there being an afterlife/heaven. It's just brainwashing to persuade the masses to put with with miserable lives and keep them in their place.

Life here and now is what matters. Sod any organised religion (all of them), just be a decent person, considerate and kind. Surely no one needs to be told how to do those things?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
just be a decent person, considerate and kind.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Agreed. There is no evidence to the contrary and no logic in there being an afterlife/heaven. It's just brainwashing to persuade the masses to put with with miserable lives and keep them in their place.

Life here and now is what matters. Sod any organised religion (all of them), just be a decent person, considerate and kind. Surely no one needs to be told how to do those things?

I think it is an insult to humanity to suggest that the end of Hitler and Mother Tereza is the same
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:51 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I think it is an insult to humanity to suggest that the end of Hitler and Mother Tereza is the same
I think it is an insult to logic and sciene to suggest otherwise.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:51 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

You are beyond help.

Old Apr 22nd 2013, 7:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Why?

So when you die you'll get unlimited pleasures and Joe Bloggs down the road who is a Christian will not?

Will he get the unlimited pleasures of heaven or is that something you consider to be impossible becuse it's not the same heaven that you believe in? Therefore you get your pleasure and everyone else get's nothing?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:01 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Why?

So when you die you'll get unlimited pleasures and Joe Bloggs down the road who is a Christian will not?

Will he get the unlimited pleasures of heaven or is that something you consider to be impossible becuse it's not the same heaven that you believe in? Therefore you get your pleasure and everyone else get's nothing?
Scamp, I do believe Redshark used Mother Teresa's name as a 'good guy example', who last time I checked was as Christian as they get. And I also agree with the fact that if you are extremely bad then there HAS to be some form of alien being out there with a huge vibrator in his hand...although for some that would mean something else entirely
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:01 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hold on.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it brainwashing as that implies a deliberate attempt by a small group of people to manipulate the majority. People aren't successfully 'brainwashed' unless they really want to believe what they're being told.

Gods, religions, the afterlife/heaven speak more of an deeper human need to try and understand the world around us and our place in it. Whether or not they exist is besides the point. It helps explain why despite church attendance in the UK under 5% the clear majority still believe in a higher being.

I've long given up caring whether gods exist or not but I do periodically wonder how it all got started. The universe. The pre-universe. The pre-pre-pre universe. Who/what is the ultimate creator whatever he/she/it/nameless particle may be. It's the infinity concept that gets to me when everything is supposed to be finite, right? If there is a beginning as defined by the big bang then what was there before the big bang? If there's a higher being behind it all, how did the higher being come about?

It never ends, doesn't it? My brain aches when I try to think about it too much.

Last edited by Ethos83; Apr 22nd 2013 at 8:12 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

How about Princess Di and Osama Bin Laden?
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
It never ends, doesn't it? My brain aches when I try to think about it too much.
Have a drink darling xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.