Ramadan Kareem !

Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:40 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan Kareem !

Originally Posted by redShark
I have also developed a conviction about this particular debate and that is, discussing fasting with some one with a problem of drinking is a complete waste of time.
Can you elucidate further on what you mean by this statement?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect redShark means that anyone who drinks any alcohol has a drink problem, and therefore cannot have an opinion on anything else, but would welcome confirmation on this.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:13 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit like saying every Muslim is going to blow themselves up.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:18 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly I find the whole thing here to be a farce. Forcing everyone to comply means it isn't a real test. Also the sleeping all day and stuffing your face all night defeats the object.

Should be easier for me as a non-smoker this year as I used to get really annoyed at not being able to smoke in the car whilst the idiots on the road were apparently trying to kill me.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, for a Muslim who have spent all his adulthood life doing fasting in Ramadan, fasting in July is not really that difficult. However, without the Islamic faith It is near impossible to fast the month of Ramdan in summer. Once, a non-Muslim friend of mine who was intrigued by the way Muslims do their fasting actually tried to do it with me. The first two days he barely managed to go through them; by the third day he was completely consumed by fatigue and headache and just gave it up.

Ramadan for Muslim is a story of multiple disciplines; Food intake regulation is just one part of that story. The moral of the story is to teach patience, a vital human characteristc that is quite difficult to teach in words.
You know Muslims aren't the only theists who fast.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

I fast virtually every day between around 11pm and 7am.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikewot
Can you elucidate further on what you mean by this statement?
That was an example to the some whom I have discussed human and religious values with before in life. They struck me as being people whose human worldly instincts are always in the way of their sense of logic
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

That was an example to the some whom I have discussed human and religious values with before in life. They struck me as being people whose human worldly instincts are always in the way of their sense of logic
Where is the logic in your statement? Can you explain?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Mike, a cat with a machine gun chasing a three legged mouse isn't really a fair fight.

Last edited by the_red_sheep; Apr 18th 2013 at 12:50 pm. Reason: typo
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

In my humble experience, I have never managed before to convince a person whom alcohol is an important player in his life that fasting has a virtue. Don't know really why.. may be because my argument is weak!!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

In my humble experience, I have never managed before to convince a person whom alcohol is an important player in his life that fasting has a virtue. Don't know really why.. may be because my argument is weak!!
Can someone tell me what that means

Last edited by winter; Apr 18th 2013 at 4:16 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

This is not the first time for me to discuss fasting with non-Muslims. I have heard before some interesting ideas and viewpoints about it; Not necessarily that they sounded logical to me. Interestingly, however, I have also developed a conviction about this particular debate and that is, discussing fasting with some one with a problem of drinking is a complete waste of time.
Is turning night into day really fasting to you? That is all I have ever seen here.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Wow dude, time to look in that mirror. It's like rayy-ay-yainnnnn

Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:53 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the whole idea of fasting is a waste of time and your lack of argument only backs that up?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

In my humble experience, I have never managed before to convince a person whom alcohol is an important player in his life that fasting has a virtue.
Are you making the assumption that I'm an expat - some expats drink alcohol - I'm an expat therefore I am a slave to alcohol?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.