Ramadan Kareem !

Old Apr 18th 2013, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Re: Ramadan Kareem !

Originally Posted by mikewot
Are you making the assumption that I'm an expat - some expats drink alcohol - I'm an expat therefore I am a slave to alcohol?

Not really, I was simply talking about people I‘ve known before in life, and none of them was an expat.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Ramadan is a bit more than fasting without food and water...

Why do people concentrate on the lack of food & water (i.e. just missing 2 meals isnt that difficult at all) ?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:43 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Not really, I was simply talking about people I‘ve known before in life, and none of them was an expat.
OK, so when you were quizzed on here about the virtues of fasting your response was: "I have also developed a conviction about this particular debate and that is, discussing fasting with some one with a problem of drinking is a complete waste of time." This neither answered the question and, from further probing, was completely irrelevant to this forum. So I'll pose the question again and perhaps you can attempt to formulate a reply which isn't hung up on your fascination with alcohol consumption but instead focuses on giving a clear and structured response. Shukran.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

OK, so when you were quizzed on here about the virtues of fasting your response was: "I have also developed a conviction about this particular debate and that is, discussing fasting with some one with a problem of drinking is a complete waste of time." This neither answered the question and, from further probing, was completely irrelevant to this forum. So I'll pose the question again and perhaps you can attempt to formulate a reply which isn't hung up on your fascination with alcohol consumption but instead focuses on giving a clear and structured response. Shukran.
Before I answer any further questions from you I would like you to first clarify you position; Are you questioning me those questions as a moderator or as a debater?
If you are a debater then be my guest and let's cross swards. However if you are doing it as a moderator then I think according to the forum rules such things should be discussed in private
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:17 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Are you questioning me those questions as a moderator or as a debater?
Uuummm, why would I be questioning you as a moderator? If you transgressed any of the real (or imagined) site rules you would know in no uncertain terms Mods are also people and don't always have to dress with their underpants on the outside
I'm not expecting to cross swords, I'm trying to understand your POV and way of thinking. I might apply Western Logic though
Old Apr 19th 2013, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=mikewot;1066744 I might apply Western Logic though [/QUOTE]

Why waste your breath?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Uuummm, why would I be questioning you as a moderator? If you transgressed any of the real (or imagined) site rules you would know in no uncertain terms Mods are also people and don't always have to dress with their underpants on the outside
I'm not expecting to cross swords, I'm trying to understand your POV and way of thinking. I might apply Western Logic though
Ok let me elaborate more, In my own experience Trying to explain the mystique of fasting in Islam to some one ( specially the young) heavily involved with alcohol has always been to no avail. People who are used to the illusion of alcohol can never understand the Islamic spirituality and I can understand why; Alcohol promises an alternative comfort to the islamic faith. That's why islam is a fierce enemy of alcohol. That also explains my own observation as to why most athiests that i've come across are actually heavy drinkers
Old Apr 19th 2013, 5:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Ok let me elaborate more, In my own experience Trying to explain the mystique of fasting in Islam to some one ( specially the young) heavily involved with alcohol has always been to no avail. People who are used to the illusion of alcohol can never understand the Islamic spirituality and I can understand why; Alcohol promises an alternative comfort to the islamic faith. That's why islam is a fierce enemy of alcohol. That also explains my own observation as to why most athiests that i've come across are actually heavy drinkers
You do write some utter balls, don't you?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Alcohol promises an alternative comfort to the islamic faith. That's why islam is a fierce enemy of alcohol. That also explains my own observation as to why most athiests that i've come across are actually heavy drinkers
Most athiests I know who drank heavy probably did it to obliterate all memories of their altar boy days (I'm RC in case you were wondering.)
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

OK, so you've not even attempted to answer what I asked. Instead you seem to rely on some very peculiar interpretation of atheist = alcoholic = I will not answer the question.
Ignore alcohol, as I asked you previously, and tell us why muslim fasting is such a good thing. please. Shukran.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

I have come across innumerable theists who are drinkers and atheists / agnostcs who are moderate to occasionkal drinkers. Point is , there really isn't a connection between drinking and atheism / agnosticism.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:10 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I have come across innumerable theists who are drinkers and atheists / agnostcs who are moderate to occasionkal drinkers. Point is , there really isn't a connection between drinking and atheism / agnosticism.
I'm an atheist and some might say an alcoholic. Does that make me condemned to an afterlife in hell?

And why is it I was having a beer the other day with a muslim mate of mine who said to me, and I quote, "A person's religion should be between themselves and their god, it is personal to the individual".
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
I'm an atheist and some might say an alcoholic. Does that make me condemned to an afterlife in hell?

And why is it I was having a beer the other day with a muslim mate of mine who said to me, and I quote, "A person's religion should be between themselves and their god, it is personal to the individual".
I think it means that he will be condemned to an afterlife in hell as well !!
Old Apr 20th 2013, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

And just where did you come across these heavy drinking athiests...??

Last edited by hong_konger; Apr 20th 2013 at 3:50 am.
Old Apr 20th 2013, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hong_konger
And just where did you come across these heavy drinking athiests...??
Atheists Annonymous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.