Ramadan Kareem !

Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ramadan Kareem !

And this year it is in the height of summer ! ENJOY !!!! Sometimes I rejoice in the fact that I have retired to "Dar Al Harb" with the rest of the unbelievers ! Ramadan is a difficult time to be in KSA, Avoid especailly the roads in that period of about an hour before Sunset.Crazed drivers with low blood sugar in a hurry to get home and break the fast with Fatima and the children.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan Kareem !

I LOVE Ramadan. My favorite time of the year. Dubai is empty as everyone is on hols, work is quiet and no one expects to much, out of the office by 2pm = WICKED!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I LOVE Ramadan. My favorite time of the year. Dubai is empty as everyone is on hols, work is quiet and no one expects to much, out of the office by 2pm = WICKED!
Yes but getting out of the office at 2pm is no good when the pub doesn't open until 8pm
Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:00 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Having to be in the office at 8am as you can only get anthing official done in the morning, yes I get 7 hours off in the afternoon but I then have to open up at 8pm until 12+.......... A truly awful time of the year - And All the bars/restaurants are dry here 24/7. Its like living in KSA for 1 month a year.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Isnt Ramadan in (early) July ?
Old Apr 17th 2013, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quackers
Yes but getting out of the office at 2pm is no good when the pub doesn't open until 8pm
That's fine with me - work, head home, mid afternoon snooze, pub, snooze and repeat.

Also maybe substitute snooze at home for snooze on the beach.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

That's fine with me - work, head home, mid afternoon snooze, pub, snooze and repeat.

You've missed out trying to pull the head off it:

Eat, Beat, Sleep, Repeat.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scamp
You've missed out trying to pull the head off it:

Eat, Beat, Sleep, Repeat.
Ha ha ha!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Ramadan in 2013 will start on Tuesday, the 9th of July and will continue for 30 days until Wednesday, the 7th of August.

Depending on the sighting of the Moon of course !! At least in KSA. In more benighted countries like the UAE they may rely on innovations like calendars and astronomer's predictions !!!
Old Apr 17th 2013, 9:53 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

In July?
You would look like the sacrificial offering......
Old Apr 17th 2013, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scot47
And this year it is in the height of summer ! ENJOY !!!! Sometimes I rejoice in the fact that I have retired to "Dar Al Harb" with the rest of the unbelievers ! Ramadan is a difficult time to be in KSA, Avoid especailly the roads in that period of about an hour before Sunset.Crazed drivers with low blood sugar in a hurry to get home and break the fast with Fatima and the children.

Actually, for a Muslim who have spent all his adulthood life doing fasting in Ramadan, fasting in July is not really that difficult. However, without the Islamic faith It is near impossible to fast the month of Ramdan in summer. Once, a non-Muslim friend of mine who was intrigued by the way Muslims do their fasting actually tried to do it with me. The first two days he barely managed to go through them; by the third day he was completely consumed by fatigue and headache and just gave it up.

Ramadan for Muslim is a story of multiple disciplines; Food intake regulation is just one part of that story. The moral of the story is to teach patience, a vital human characteristc that is quite difficult to teach in words.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:23 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
Actually, for a Muslim who have spent all his adulthood life doing fasting in Ramadan, fasting in July is not really that difficult. However, without the Islamic faith It is near impossible to fast the month of Ramdan in summer.
Nonsense. Maintaining a fast, like giving up cigarettes, is a matter of willpower not of religious belief.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've seen, there's very little regulation once the fast is broken with mountains of food through the hours of darkness - I understand many people put on weight during Ramadan.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

DOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the roughDOCUAE is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
From what I've seen, there's very little regulation once the fast is broken with mountains of food through the hours of darkness - I understand many people put on weight during Ramadan.
You're right. On the 1st day of Ramadan last year, there were over 800 people reported to the emergency department at Hamad hospital in Doha, due to the effects of over eating!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:04 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
I understand many people put on weight during Ramadan.
And admissions to hospital because they stuff their faces after iftar. http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...r-ramadan-fast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.