British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Ramadan dancing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/ramadan-dancing-802832/)

Millhouse Jul 14th 2013 1:16 pm

Ramadan dancing

I probably already know the answer to this, but are there any clubs open during ramadan?

Blue Cat Jul 14th 2013 1:17 pm

Re: Ramadan dancing

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10799573)
I probably already know the answer to this, but are there any clubs open during ramadan?

no

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 14th 2013 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10799573)

Rock Bottoms last year was no live band. Blasting tunes and letting people get leathered but no dancing....it was pretty awkward when they stuck the Macarena on and everyone started dancing.

redShark Jul 14th 2013 3:14 pm

Here is a thought for you if you really can’t resist the dance urge. Why don’t you just join the Darvish dance group, I am sure they have them in Dubai and they are normally active in Ramadan. They are basically a sect of Sufism that have developed some kind of a ritual, a type of dance where they spin around and around for hours. They get a high from this activity claiming it to be due a connection with the divine. Off course it is an utter Bullsh**, the brain basically gets stimulated from dizziness and hence the high feeling.

But hey! Who cares about the ethics, you just want to shake it all around, don’t you?? Go on then, try the spin, you may like it! But I am not sure, though, you will able to go to work the next day walking straight!!

Millhouse Jul 14th 2013 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10799714)
Here is a thought for you if you really can’t resist the dance urge. Why don’t you just join the Darvish dance group, I am sure they have them in Dubai and they are normally active in Ramadan. They are basically a sect of Sufism that have developed some kind of a ritual, a type of dance where they spin around and around for hours. They get a high from this activity claiming it to be due a connection with the divine. Off course it is an utter Bullsh**, the brain basically gets stimulated from dizziness and hence the high feeling.

But hey! Who cares about the ethics, you just want to shake it all around, don’t you?? Go on then, try the spin, you may like it! But I am not sure, though, you will able to go to work the next day walking straight!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=31bhP8rMH78

I appreciate the effort RS, but really what I was hoping to do was to go to a bar, get drunk dance with prostitutes all night long and take three back: one of each colour. Spinning in circles isn't going to cut it - I'll stay in and watch The Apprentice.

jam25mack Jul 15th 2013 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10799744)
I appreciate the effort RS, but really what I was hoping to do was to go to a bar, get drunk dance with prostitutes all night long and take three back: one of each colour. Spinning in circles isn't going to cut it - I'll stay in and watch The Apprentice.

Ha ha, I see you are really getting into the Ramadan spirit! Good on ya!

ctfc Jul 16th 2013 8:57 am

Buddha Bar is open

Jim Smith Jul 16th 2013 12:36 pm

You should have a few telephone numbers so you can order home service. Don't you get hundreds of massage cards like we do?

Millhouse Jul 16th 2013 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 10802750)
You should have a few telephone numbers so you can order home service. Don't you get hundreds of massage cards like we do?

Jim, please. I live in a respectable neighbourhood.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 16th 2013 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10802766)
Jim, please. I live in a respectable neighbourhood.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

redShark Jul 16th 2013 5:36 pm

Charming… ,so would you consider yourself a typical British single?

Millhouse Jul 16th 2013 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 10803336)
Charming… ,so would you consider yourself a typical British single?

You couldn't be further from the truth actually. I'm a Lebanese Muslim - They only let me post on here as I got a passport by marrying my British wife: who is away with the kids for the summer.