The Ramadan Arms

Old Jul 8th 2013, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Ramadan Arms

Originally Posted by bakedbean
It starts Wednesday here

Can I have a bacon sarnie? I've travelled a long way to get to this pub. And one of these
you sure can Bakedbean!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Yoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond reputeYoohoo has a reputation beyond repute

Ramadan doesn't start until the 10th, as announced by The National.

Will do pork belly for dinner I think.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expathopeful
I keep reading about everyone stocking up on booze, am I missing something?? Ive asked 2 Spinneys in my area of AD and they said they are open but just shaving off an hour either side of the usual times. The bars I frequent are open too but not playing music. Is it not like that everywhere else?
most folk in Dubai get their beverages at Barracuda in UAQ, it closes for Ramadan
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.therealgeordiearmani.com/...uring-ramadan/

list of places that are independents (majority) that are open for lunch during Ramadan, you will find pork at Jebel Ali Club sadly no alcohol (until iftar)
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
list of places that are independents (majority) that are open for lunch during Ramadan, you will find pork at Jebel Ali Club sadly no alcohol (until iftar)
Thanks Blue Cat. Will definitely be visiting Medley this week.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat

Where is The Farm?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

As this is my first Ramadan is it the law that you have to work the shortened hours or is it choice?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:43 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
As this is my first Ramadan is it the law that you have to work the shortened hours or is it choice?
Just if you're a muslim buddy - or at least that's what's happened in all the companies i worked for.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Some firms will shut the doors at 2/3pm and tell you all to go home.

My old place did and it was awesome. After naps were the best ever.

My new place doesn't.

No idea on legality.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

it's the law - any extra and you have to be paid accordingly, regardless of your religion

* almost all companies ignore that but mine only ever worked 6 hours, used to love Ramadan
Old Jul 9th 2013, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Thanks guys. I thought it was just if you are muslim but the main contractor might be enforcing it on the whole site which would be a pain. We will wait and see.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:50 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Ramadan work timings - Official.

Gulf News

Public sector working hours
Abu Dhabi: 9am to 3pm
Dubai: 9am to 2pm
Sharjah: 9am to 2pm

As usual, nothing about the Private Sector.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

First office: 8-4 hours, eat/drink inside whenever/wherever you want.

Second office: Muslims were allowed to leave at 2:00 and everyone else at 4:00 unless work had to be done. But the office was pretty chill about that so it was rare to have to stay in past 4:00. Could only eat in the conference room.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 1:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

UAE Labour law, article 65, states that during Ramadan the working day is to be shortened by two hours. That applies to ALL employees and any company that does not comply is breaking the law and can be fined by MoL.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
UAE Labour law, article 65, states that during Ramadan the working day is to be shortened by two hours. That applies to ALL employees and any company that does not comply is breaking the law and can be fined by MoL.
LOL - in the UAE when they say all employees they dont actually mean it. I work for the largest company in Dubai and only the muslim staff get reduced hours. FWIW unless you work in the office even the Muslims work their normal roster, they just get paid 2 hours OT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.