Ramadan

Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ramadan

Well, I've enjoyed Ramadan and will miss it as it comes to a close.

Was away for the first two weeks in the free world, but have enjoyed my return. Interesting working hours which seems to involve leaving at 4pm to go home and smash the misses, before cooking dinner, walking the dog in absolute peace along the creek and then resuming work. Did an additional 9pm-12am shift last night. Genuinely love Ramadan - shame it's not longer.

As for the last 10 days, they are probably my favourite as everyone is in the swing of the upside down day and are even more fearful then usual of my small dog.

I doubt they will have a dry Eid given the Russia vs KSA game.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 6:50 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I went hunting for this. I think it's the other Eid that's dry and this one is fine. I think (?)
I think its Arafat day that is dry, that's just before the second Eid holiday?
Old Jun 11th 2018, 8:32 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys. Must have got my Eids mixed up
Old Jun 11th 2018, 9:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Well, I've enjoyed Ramadan and will miss it as it comes to a close.

Was away for the first two weeks in the free world, but have enjoyed my return. Interesting working hours which seems to involve leaving at 4pm to go home and smash the misses, before cooking dinner, walking the dog in absolute peace along the creek and then resuming work. Did an additional 9pm-12am shift last night. Genuinely love Ramadan - shame it's not longer.

As for the last 10 days, they are probably my favourite as everyone is in the swing of the upside down day and are even more fearful then usual of my small dog.

I doubt they will have a dry Eid given the Russia vs KSA game.
I'm devastated that it's finishing, doing 8hr days has been pure luxury. The Ramanap is going to be missed.

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I think its Arafat day that is dry, that's just before the second Eid holiday?
Yeah, don't think either Eid is dry, you're right it's another day near it. I think...
Old Jun 11th 2018, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I personally love Ramadan. It's the only time of year that the office actually feels normal rather than an engineering sweatshop.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 6:00 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
Pictures please!!

try and control yourself while watching this will you?
Old Jun 13th 2018, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Ann Thrope
1) . The congregation seems to be mainly fairly wealthy Indians and Pakistanis, none of whom live in the immediate vicinity and thus have not had to endure previous years' midnight banshee bawling.

2) *Muslim primer: on one of those nights, but nobody knows which one, the prophet had a tour of heaven ascending there from the - now domed - rock in Jerusalem, hence its holiness to Muslims. Apparently you get ten times the credit for prayers offered on that night and the gates of hell are closed. ...
1) The Mosque near Jumeirah Islands at the south end of JLT?

2) That is the Isra Wal Miraj for which you get a separate holiday, around 2 weeks before Ramadan starts.
As for the higher credit prayers (actually its a lot more than 10 times !), it is one of the last 10 nights of Ramadan, 27th is the most popular guess, but you are right in that it could be any of the 10 days