RAK or Fujairah?

Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

sg800 will become famous soon enough
Default RAK or Fujairah?

Hi all,

What would you recommend for a weekend break, thinking of getting out of Dubai for the weekend....

I have been to Fujairah before and loved it but heard of a good deal on a hotel in RAK...

Any recommendations or feedback from anyone who has been to both would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RAK or Fujairah?

Depends on the hotels your considering, cause you don't have to go for the lovely city's..
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Euc-
Depends on the hotels your considering, cause you don't have to go for the lovely city's..
Probably Rotana, summer rates are pretty decent!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sg800
Probably Rotana, summer rates are pretty decent!
In that case I would go to Fujairah for sure. I've been to both last april I believe it was, and although the rooms at the Fujairah one are a tad outdated, they still are decent enough.

Main reasons for Fujairah are: way, way nicer beach (you can't even call the RAK one a real beach), nicer view (I'll post some pics), more facilities, like free snorkeling trips, kayak, sailing and the likes.

Big con in summer at the RAK one are the walking distances, you have to walk pretty far to just about anything from your room, "beach" (pile of rocks with a bit sand), pool, restaurants, reception etc etc. No facilities and the standard room views look like this, no kidding:

Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, to lazy to downsize so just a link:

View Fujairah: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Euc-/DSC01381.jpg
View Cove: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Euc-/DSC01551.jpg

Anyway, still is personal, but I'd prefer Fujairah for a nice and relax weekend on the beach
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, to lazy to downsize so just a link:

View Fujairah: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Euc-/DSC01381.jpg
View Cove: http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h51/Euc-/DSC01551.jpg

Anyway, still is personal, but I'd prefer Fujairah for a nice and relax weekend on the beach
thanks a lot for the feedback! I have been to Fujairah Rotana before it was great. Missus wants to try RAK so think we will be doing that lol. Cheers anyway, much appreciated!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sg800
thanks a lot for the feedback! I have been to Fujairah Rotana before it was great. Missus wants to try RAK so think we will be doing that lol. Cheers anyway, much appreciated!
Well.. it aint that bad, really.. Just be prepared to do some walking

Let me know your name and when your going, know a few people working there and I'll try to sort out something nice for you
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Let me know your name and when your going, know a few people working there and I'll try to sort out something nice for you
Hi mate, PM sent! Cheers!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:51 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you could have them paint a sunset on the wall.