RAK Americas cup

Old Oct 11th 2009, 5:23 am
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of
Default RAK Americas cup

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...91sheikh1.html

Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RAK Americas cup

Gosh! I guess that story didn't quite make the Gulf News!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:47 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't I read somewhere that the RAK venue had recently been inspected by the AC committee and rejected as being a building site with the venue being moved to Valencia?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
Didn't I read somewhere that the RAK venue had recently been inspected by the AC committee and rejected as being a building site with the venue being moved to Valencia?
Nah, Valencia was the host of the 32nd AC, and also host to the pre-regattas last july and october. The regular race will still be in February in RAK, hosted by the Al Hamra golf club I believe.

Besides, Alinghi already arrived here in RAK!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

had dinner at his palace last year. he looked a dodgy bloke
Old Oct 11th 2009, 1:27 pm
Arrrrrrgh!

Dubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud ofDubaidog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Euc- View Post
Nah, Valencia was the host of the 32nd AC, and also host to the pre-regattas last july and october. The regular race will still be in February in RAK, hosted by the Al Hamra golf club I believe.

Besides, Alinghi already arrived here in RAK!
Alinghi has arrived in Al Hamra - the challenger BMW Oracle has not yet left their home base (San Francisco) and is currently disputing the choice of venue in the US courts...not much coverage of that though in the local press.....
Old Oct 11th 2009, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dubaidog View Post
Alinghi has arrived in Al Hamra - the challenger BMW Oracle has not yet left their home base (San Francisco) and is currently disputing the choice of venue in the US courts...not much coverage of that though in the local press.....
Moreover, in light of the developing situation in the Arabian Gulf region, Ras al Khaimah is particularly unsuitable. SNG’s proposed course area is within 17 miles of islands occupied by Iran in a current territorial dispute with the United Arab Emirates – of which Ras al-Khaima is a member state.
The team, owned by California software tycoon Larry Ellison, said that Ras al-Khaimah, aone of he seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates, was unsuitable partly because the proposed racing area was within 27 kilometres of islands occupied by Iran in a territorial dispute with the UAE.
Yeah, nuff said. Americans.

Last edited by Euc-; Oct 11th 2009 at 1:37 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 11:29 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

The date of the RAK half marathon was moved to accommodate this event...
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by commander View Post
The date of the RAK half marathon was moved to accommodate this event...
...or non-event, perhaps.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
Gosh! I guess that story didn't quite make the Gulf News!
http://gulfnews.com/sport/sailing/ra...court-1.514439

I found this bit particularly interesting:

He also noted that Oracle's Middle East headquarters is located within a 45-minute drive of the America's Cup venue, and that BMW Oracle Racing is scheduled to compete in the Dubai RC44 Gold Cup next month, a sailing class founded by Russell Coutts, a three-time America's Cup winner who is BMW Oracle Racing's CEO and skipper.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:06 am