the rain last night

Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the rain last night

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
sherlock holmes lived at 221b baker street, london...

MM, xx
Baker Street was one of the best clubs in Dubai in the 80's, just booze & music. On Friday afternoons many of the musicians in town would get together and jam; free for the punters - legless afternoons!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alen1
Baker Street was one of the best clubs in Dubai in the 80's, just booze & music. On Friday afternoons many of the musicians in town would get together and jam; free for the punters - legless afternoons!
oh wow, where was it...??

MM, xx
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oh wow, where was it...??

MM, xx
Upstairs at the Ambassador hotel.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:47 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, when did it close? I remember going to the ambassador in 91ish but don't recall baker street.

it sounded fab so I'm sure ships full of sailors wouldn't have missed it..

We didn't venture much past the highland lodge
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:55 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
where's sherlock holmes?
Holmes "You know Watson I have always had feelings for you.
Watson: "Well I never, I have always had a soft spot for you.
Holmes: "Well, seeing the feeling is mutual let's go to bed and make love"
Watson: OK

<They go to bed and Holmes has Watson on all fours and is about to mount him when Holmes reaches out for some lemons on the bedside table>

Watson: "I say Holmes, what are the lemons for ?"
Sherlock: "Lemon entry, my dear Watson, lemon entry ! "
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander
Ah, when did it close? I remember going to the ambassador in 91ish but don't recall baker street.

it sounded fab so I'm sure ships full of sailors wouldn't have missed it..

We didn't venture much past the highland lodge
Don’t remember exactly when it closed. I got married some time before, so I was cut-off from that particular avenue of pleasure.
Highland lodge was a great venue too – leather and green baize; it used to be an up-market club for gentlemen: snooker room, private chess and backgammon rooms, cigar and brandy room, etc. Then they got wiser and instead turned it into a pub/restaurant - then wiser still when they turned it into a knocking shop.

Last edited by Alen1; Jan 24th 2009 at 4:13 pm. Reason: Yes, lots of sailors and oilmen, the place was chokker every night, except the night in the week when it was closed.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:22 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

My friends friend from bothwell, near glasgow used to be the manager in the highland lodge in the early 90's.

I remember being banned from there one year as the previous ships company had caused trouble. In those days you wernt really spoilt for choice..

Then there was pancho villa's with the dwarf on the door- mental!!!

We used to drink in the seamans mission,(think its still there). A few drunken casualties witnessed there, diving in the pool and hitting the bottom!!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Don’t remember exactly when it closed. I got married some time before, so I was cut-off from that particular avenue of pleasure.
Highland lodge was a great venue too – leather and green baize; it used to be an up-market club for gentlemen: snooker room, private chess and backgammon rooms, cigar and brandy room, etc. Then they got wiser and instead turned it into a pub/restaurant - then wiser still when they turned it into a knocking shop.
Oh God, I remember Baker Street, I used to go there in the '80s and my brothers and all their cohorts from Dubai College used to blag their way in. Fond memories...........
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

My friends friend from bothwell, near glasgow used to be the manager in the highland lodge in the early 90's.

I remember being banned from there one year as the previous ships company had caused trouble. In those days you wernt really spoilt for choice..

We used to drink in the seamans mission,(think its still there). A few drunken casualties witnessed there, diving in the pool and hitting the bottom!!
I think the seaman's mission closed down - that was a great place though. Although there were a few dodgy moments if there was a US ship and a British Navy ship in at the same time. One of my brothers worked in the bar for a while so I used to get in and use the swimming pool!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, Panchos was a hit from day one.
The Golden Triangle each Friday was: Baker Street (everyone was thrown out at at 4pm on Fridays) The Captain's Table then finishing at Panchos

Seaman's Mission; still going. It's done some great work for distressed seamen (and others) over the years.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, Panchos was a hit from day one.
The Golden Triangle each Friday was: Baker Street (everyone was thrown out at at 4pm on Fridays) The Captain's Table then finishing at Panchos

Seaman's Mission; still going. It's done some great work for distressed seamen (and others) over the years.
Wasn't captains at the old Dubai Marine hotel?

I'm glad the Seaman's Mission is still going, I thought it had closed it's doors - or did it move - I seem to remember they had something up in Jebel Ali?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
I think the seaman's mission closed down - that was a great place though. Although there were a few dodgy moments if there was a US ship and a British Navy ship in at the same time. One of my brothers worked in the bar for a while so I used to get in and use the swimming pool!
Oh, it's closed?
That's a great pity. It was a good institution. Probably had to make way for Maritime (sometime) City.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
Wasn't captains at the old Dubai Marine hotel?
That's right. Now the Ascot?
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:38 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help myself............

Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:38 pm
banned

I've been a distressed seaman in that establishment over the last 18 years lol

Seriously I agree, it is a wonderful place that helps out all seafarers.

I spent xmas day in 93 in there. I was on HMS Campbeltown and the place was full also of the crew of USS Enterprise.

Carnage...

Happy carefree days, where did they all go!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.