British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Rain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/rain-600763/)

shiva Mar 30th 2009 12:57 pm

Rain

Right I've had enough now, can someone turn the sodding tap off and bring back the sun please

Spugsy Mar 30th 2009 1:01 pm

Re: Rain

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 7434808)
Right I've had enough now, can someone turn the sodding tap off and bring back the sun please

it is a pain, butthe thunder and lightning is ace.

Agreed though, I want the sun back please.

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Mar 30th 2009 1:02 pm

I love it, me. I'm sat on the balcony with my laptop just watching the rain...

Grace O Malley Mar 30th 2009 1:03 pm

ha ha, its soooo dark in AD, my car is filthy, the level of driving is dangerous, traffic is a mare, cant dry yr washing..... yeah bring back the sun.

Mind you I think we didnt get a lot of rain this year!

lionheart Mar 30th 2009 1:03 pm

It's bloody great for my business, although enough is enough. They say that it should be sunny Tuesday to Thursday but rainfall may return during the weekend. Drove across to Fujairah yesterday and it was frightful. Mind you, we have Kenyan visitors arriving on 6th April and you can bet your bottom dollar that the rain will have ceased by then.

Grace O Malley Mar 30th 2009 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7434818)
I love it, me. I'm sat on the balcony with my laptop just watching the rain...

but surely your balcony is filthy, mine is full of sand mushed in with water

shiva Mar 30th 2009 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7434824)

not to mention the horizontal sheets of water coming at you evry two mins

Bambi in Abu Dhabi Mar 30th 2009 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7434824)

Well, the maid cleans it every day, so it's fine. My goodness, it's really chucking it down now. Is is where you are, Anna?

Ooh, and lightning now, too! I want to get my wellies on and go and splash around in the puddles :D !

Grace O Malley Mar 30th 2009 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bambi in Abu Dhabi (Post 7434837)
Well, the maid cleans it every day, so it's fine. My goodness, it's really chucking it down now. Is is where you are, Anna?

Ooh, and lightning now, too! I want to get my wellies on and go and splash around in the puddles :D !

Oh i told my helper not to bother until the weather cleared up!

I'm out at ICAD, yes raining and really windy, not sheltered by any buildings, so really bad, no lightening or thunder as yet.

I will be alright though as I have got holy water in the car and a st Christopher, ha ha, such a good catholic gal, my mam gave it to me years ago and told me to always keep it in the car, to protect me. The drive home will be a mare, lots of cursing on my part, hope st Christopher forgives me

MataHari Mar 30th 2009 1:21 pm

I just split my fcking head open against the fcking cardoor trying to get into the car in a hurry because of the fcking rain...bleeding and a splitting headache now
fck fck fckin rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

benzonar Mar 30th 2009 1:28 pm

It just goes to show you can never be too careful.

Kim67 Mar 30th 2009 1:32 pm

It's beautiful Brisbane weather, makes me homesick.

Shadya Mar 30th 2009 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7434864)
I just split my fcking head open against the fcking cardoor trying to get into the car in a hurry because of the fcking rain...bleeding and a splitting headache now

Sorry to hear that but at least you can drive and have your new American admirer to make you feel better.;)

Investoman_uae Mar 30th 2009 6:43 pm

I dont get it... you complain when its too hot, you complain about the rain when we get it 3 times a year.... you complain about anything.

Come on enjoy it while it lasts. Yes I know people drive like idiots during the rain, but they drive like idiots when its not raining too.

Inv.

MacScot Mar 30th 2009 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7434864)

I can relate to that...schadenfreude, no less...but if were you rushing off to the other quiz night in New Dubai, that's just karma ! LOL